Latest

4/11/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

April 11, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the March 8th meeting: motion to approve was made by Dick Mires and 2nd by Mark Allen

Guests: 18 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $5118.86

Income $0

Expenses $1702.50

Balance as of March 31, 2018 $3416.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20945.96

Interest $2.58

Money Market as of Mar.31, 2018 $20948.54

Expenses for March: Bank charge of $2.50 and Check to Brown and Brown insurance for $1700.00

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: next event will be Champagne Brunch, April 21st 5 spots are still open. This will be catered by Stanley and Martha of course. Cost is $10.00 per resident and $12 for guests. Details will be in the Voice.

Ellen reported that St. Vincent’s management is not ready with the new rules package documents. Also sent pictures of Park to management for repair work. She requested an open ended up to $2000.00 for Bruce Stanton, attorney, for review of the documents after SVHOA and GSMOL committees have reviewed them. Motion was 2nd by Cindy and it passed. Ellen also informed the meeting that after the documents are received, Rosa will then call a meeting of the Park residents regarding the water issue.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is holding a Fund raiser for DPG with a pancake breakfast on Saturday, April 14th from 10-1:00 pm. Cost is $7.00 and there are 65 people signed up. There will be a discussion on Earthquake safety. Next meeting will be June.

Business: Motion was made by Bob Mann to include the Art Committee on the alcohol insurance policy and 2nd by Don Webb, passed.

New Business: The HOA will reimburse John Wiley $18.00 for SVMHP website domain name. This is annual, motion made by Dick Mires second by Lilith, passed. Spring cleaning dumpsters are here. No contractor’s waste to be permitted as last year someone filled one of the dumpsters costing Mgmt. unnecessary expense. Please call office immediately if this is observed.

Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:

Management Inspection of Units and Sites: Notice put in our tubes states that they will do 30 units a month so doing the math that will be

9 months, an extraordinary amount of time. Previous mgmt. did this task in 5-7 days, why is the process going to take so long? Since there are many unacceptable, not up to standard units now that should be written up in a timely manner will they be continued to be allowed if it is not their particular month to be inspected? (it is evident from a walk around the Park that many are sliding thru the cracks as shabby outward appearance continues month after month) HCD has a check list of what needs to be inspected and in good order, i.e.: handrails, stairs etc.

A good suggestion was made by a resident, since our crew every month has to read the meters and as such can clearly see poor upkeep could they make a note of the space number and give to mgmt. to look into further? Another resident noted that last year some residents were notified to get their sagging siding fixed and others that were unable or unwilling to clean up the weeds had our crew do it for them and then were billed for it.

The Redo of the cracks around the Pool: Appears only one side of the pool was done.

Dead/Dying Bushes: There are dead and dying rose bushes under the San Vicente signage at the back gate. Might they be replaced with living rose bushes?

Rosa’s, Mary’s and Isabel’s email addresses are available from the office.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be May 10th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

Advertisements

New HOA Meeting Date 4/11

From Bob Mann:

Your HOA will be conducting our monthly meeting on a new date this month.
The meeting will be on Wednesday April 11th at 7:00 in the clubhouse.

Thank you

Drainage Above SVMHP

This afternoon we flew past SV and snapped pix of the drainage area above San Vicente. Here’s a wide shot.

Our main drainage is the small creek running up the center slightly toward the right. The main drainage from the mountains runs to the left behind the top of that first low hill of the San Marcos Foothills open space. In a major flood that’s where the vast majority of runoff would go. Even if SM Foothills was burnt bare, any debris flow would be relatively minor here at SV.

You can also see the smaller channel that drains to Cathedral Oaks from the left side of the pic. Also potential for flow down 154 that would collect below the overpass. All that water drains through the culvert that feeds the channel through our open space. In a major flood that would overflow and/or get plugged by debris so the water would then spread out and head downhill, probably mostly along roads as it spread out beneath the overpass.

A closer look shows how our main creek leads down to the Foothill/154 underpass.

There, in event of an overflow at the inlet to our culvert, the electrical substation might be impacted. That whole area would flood, and eventually some might enter SV and/or begin to flow to the left on Cathedral Oaks and/or right on Foothill. This seems to match the small SV flood risk areas on the map published here related to the 2015 El Nino prep meeting (click to view). Some of our streets might flow with water and Rancho next door might be more impacted in such an event.

For frequently updated info on the current major rain event and flooding potential sign up for SBitZ.NET and Edhat, and watch KEYT on channels 3.1 and 3.2 or online.

3/8/2018 Board Minutes

Bob Mann wrote:

Here are the minutes from the March 8th meeting. Also I am sending out the flyer for those who may have forgotten to pay your 2018 dues. I will be updating the email list soon and will remove those names and addresses who have not paid. If you have any questions whether you paid do not hesitate to call Bob Mann or Carolyn Howe.
Thank you for supporting your HOA

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

March 8, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe, Ellen Duke

The minutes from the February 8th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-two guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $330.00

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of Feb. 28, 2018 $5118.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20945.96

Interest $2.41

Money Market as of Feb. 28, 2018 $20948.37

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be Saint Patrick’s Day dinner of corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Isabel is working well with Charlene in putting an article in the Voice. The Art Committee is now covered by Insurance for alcohol at their Art Shows. Dean and Charlene continue with their creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!!

GSMOL Report: Members are continuing to knock on doors to chat with residents to join.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is holding a Fund raiser for DPG with a pancake breakfast on Saturday, April 14th from 10-2:00 pm. Cost is $7.00, you can make your checks out to HOA but put DPG on your memo line. The DPG is still in need of 4 Block Captains and also Co-Captains. Next meeting will be June.

Business: The premium for D&O liability insurance to Brown and Brown for $1700.00 was approved for payment with Tony 1st and Lilith 2nd the motion.

New Business: The attractive glass French door has been reinstalled at the Office which looks really nice and welcoming. Our sad looking flagpole has been sanded, painted and the ball on top shined up along with an extra-large flag is now flying. (8 x 12) The serious gopher problems are continuing to be addressed which is good. Spring cleaning dumpsters will be coming. Reminder: Annual inspections of each home site for cleanliness, weeds, dead bushes, sagging skirting, unsafe stairs, hedges that desperately need trimming or other eyesores will be addressed. The inspections will be March 20-23.

Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:

Landscape on Cathedral Oaks was started but large trees still hanging on residents’ roofs and clogging their gutters has yet to be done. The HOA advised that San Vicente is now contracting out the tree trimming in the park. (Per February 20th memo)

Parking was discussed by all residents at the meeting, particularly the ½ hour limit.

Water leaks are not being addressed in a timely manner and left to run down the streets for 4 and 5 days before they are fixed. Concerns about possible sinkholes. The HOA advises to not drive your car over existing leaks but around them.

Roads are a big concern also as they are in such bad shape. One good rain will lift even more road surface up. Can patch and seal or chip seal be done?

Condition of the Park many homes are for sale and it was thought that it may be partly due to condition of Park. Work on homes are allowed to take way too long (#215 and #99) sometimes pushing a year and longer. The question was raised if Management is even aware they should be checking on all construction to make sure Permits have been pulled as too many have no Permits and are just winging it.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes@sv-sb.org

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo@sv-sb.org

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be April 12th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

 

2/22/2018 SV GSMOL Minutes

San Vicente Mobile Home Park GSMOL Chapter 1316 Meeting Minutes
February 22, 2018, 6:00 p.m.

Before the meeting, participants enjoyed hot apple cider and cookies. President Ellen Duke asked all members to please check with Membership Chair Teri Champ to be sure their emails and phone numbers on file at the state GSMOL are still correct.

At 6:00 pm, the meeting was called to order, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and approval of the January 18th, 2018 Minutes. (Minutes are not read at meeting – please send corrections of these to Ellen before the next meeting if possible.)

Vice-President Steve Roth and his wife Carol are moving to Ventura to be closer to family. Both have contributed to our community in many ways. Steve was the Chair of the Disaster Preparedness Group for many years while Carol kept our library’s Christian book section organized. We will miss them and wish them well!

Membership Drive
Ellen thanked those who have helped in the membership drive so far: Teri and Gary Champ, Marcia and Ron Schatz, Sidonia Slaff and Mary Jo Crestenson. The effort is continuing through March and more volunteers will be appreciated. Park map, handouts, applications, envelopes, address labels and stamps are provided. Please call or email Ellen Duke.

State Bill AB 587

This is another example of GSMOL working to help California manufactured/mobile home owners. More information is attached. We will provide more information later this year. Meanwhile, anyone interested can go to website noted above or call the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) at 1-800-962-8356.

State GSMOL Election – Thank you to the many who voted and to Sid Slaff for helping! Members can still vote through March 16th using the ballot on the back of the Californian.

Questions About Park Update
The monthly Park Update from our new management is a great idea and has good information and reports progress on park conditions. There was some discussion about the February 20th update:

Regarding Resident Directory: Management reported that only 150 residents have provided information for the park directory and Ellen expressed concern and asked that we consider volunteering to help complete this valuable resource.

All agreed that the directory is important. It was noted that except for new residents the information that would be used in the directory is already public as it has been published in prior directories. Someone asked why management couldn’t just ask residents to respond if they had changes or had any concerns about having their information included, so that non-response would indicate agreement. Our understanding is that the new management believes they need to have written permission for this, their first publication of the directory, but that the forms will not be required for inclusion in the future.

After the meeting, Cindy Enderby, Space 185, bravely and generously volunteered to lead this project – a big one! If you can help with just a few who haven’t responded, it would be much appreciated and you will be helping our community. Please contact Cindy at 680-0316

Gym not in Update: It was noted that the update did not mention the gym although some time ago the new management had reported that they were looking into renting exercise equipment. This is important to resident’s health and quality of life and is advertised as a facility of the park. A otherwise empty room with a shuffle board without sticks, two pool tables and a worn out ping pong table reflects poorly on the park and does not serve the needs of the residents as a gym or recreational facility.

Regarding Parking Update, dated January 26, 2018: We reviewed our understanding of the most recent parking practices under the Parker Rice management. All agreed that guest parking on the streets has been allowed during the day but no parking on the streets allowed after 10pm at night. This was a management-approved parking practice that has been in place for many years. It was approved verbally at multiple meetings. Paragraph 14C of the rules notes that management could mark approved street parking at its sole discretion but management apparently chose not to mark the streets recently, as was their choice. Paragraph 14G notes that guests must park in marked guest parking or in those areas designated by Park Management as provided in Section 14C.

Ellen checked and state regulations permit parking in mobile home parks on one side of the street if the street is 32 feet wide and on both sides of the street if the street is 40 feet wide. Our streets are 32 feet wide.

Ellen and others recalled a meeting when Parker Rice management asked people to ask their guests to park on just one side of the street – in other words, not to park a car across the street from where a car is already parked. Some who have been here longer recalled Parker Rice management marking one side of the longer streets on one side for parking and the other side for pedestrians but abandoning that method because residents complained that the shady side of the street, preferred for walking, was on different sides of the street at different times of the day. That method also results in some people having the cars of neighbors’ guests frequently parked in front of their homes while some people never have cars parked in front.

Because there are many areas of the park without guest parking, prohibiting parking on the streets would in effect deny these residents the opportunity to have guests from outside the park visit their homes. Members at the meeting noted that the current guest parking practices have been working
well when followed. Everyone was in favor of continuing the no parking on the streets at night and in favor of continuing safe parking on streets during the day. We hope that the new management will continue these reasonable practices.

Sub-Leasing Option Review: St. Vincent’s has reported that the reason they would not allow subletting was because they could not allow it due to their non-profit status but they have not confirmed this since receiving legal opinion that their non-profit status would not be jeopardized. Ellen shared what she had learned from talking to homeowners, sublessees, and local real estate agents. She heard many stories about how important this option had proven to be to homeowners.

Information Sharing, Comments and Questions:
The roads are getting worse and dangerous, the potholes are increasing and even the repairs detract from the appearance of the park. Residents have brought this to management’s attention.

A resident has complained to management about a continually barking dog and received no response.

Several residents said they have not received any individual response to their complaints/concerns and that the office staff does not always respond within the time frame they have promised and have to be called again. People feel like they sometimes have to nag to get a response and no one likes having to do that.

After the meeting: It was reported that several homeowners were surprised to receive a rent bill this month that noted that they had not paid last month’s rent – when they knew they had dropped off the check at the office! It turned out that several rent checks had been misfiled last month and were never recorded or cashed. There was concern that there was no earlier notice to the homeowners that their rent was late or that their checks were missing.

Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.

Respectfully Submitted: Ellen Duke and Mary Jo Crestenson

NEXT MEETING: MARCH 22, 2018: 6:00 PM

JOIN GSMOL ONLINE OR
PICK-UP APPLICATION AT CLUBHOUSE LOBBY
AND SEND IT IN WITH YOUR CHECK

GSMOL MISSION STATEMENT: The Golden State Manufactured-home Owners League is a statewide volunteer organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the health, safety, welfare, rights, and investment of members throughout California. Our mission is accomplished primarily by legislative advocacy at national, state, and local levels, by judicious use of legal funds to protect homeowners, and by education of members so that they can help themselves solve local problems.