6/14/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

June 14, 2018

svmha.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Carolyn Howe, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the April 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy and seconded by George, approved.

Guests: 28 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3961.64

Income $0

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of May 31, 2018 $3959.14

Legal Defense Money Market $20953.62

Interest $2.67

Money Market as of May 31, 2018 $20956.29

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: Pizza event on June 23rd. Cost is five dollars each. Happy hour at 5:00 Dinner at 6:00.

GSMOL: Monthly meeting on June 28 at 6:00.

Report from the document review committee by Ellen Duke:

1) The committee was provided the documents by St. Vincent’s and is actively working on the document review.

2) The format and readability of the documents is dramatically better than last year. 

3) The documents have been sent to the GSMOL Attorney for review, along with our questions.  

4) We don’t want to talk about specifics because the documents may change based on our review and comments.  There is no reason for more homeowners to be concerned yet about what may not even be included in the document or about what we may better understand before the documents are issued.  All homeowners will have time to review all the documents when they are issued. 

5) The committee agreed that the one exception to this, due to the significant impact it will have on some people, is to share that the new documents do not allow subletting other than the limited subletting for health reasons required to be permitted by the MRL.  (We understand that this is what has been told to new residents this year, anyway.) Sub lessees and sub lettors are given until August 2019 to comply.  

DPG Report: Bob Enderby has been meeting with block captains and updating paperwork.

Business: Discussion to return the DPG funds that were co-mingled with the HOA in September 2016. Motion was made by Bob and seconded by Cindy and approved by the board.

New Business:

A letter was read that was sent to management on June 5th with concerns about the pool/Jacuzzi area and its appearance. There was also an inquiry of purchasing new exercise equipment?

Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:

Some residents have complained that their rent checks are being held up to ten days before being deposited.

A resident has had a “peeping-tom” in the middle of the night. She was awakened at around two in the morning with a big flashlight shining in her bedroom window. The question is, why were there no notices placed in the tubes alerting the residents. After hearing about this event, it was pointed out that the park is not secure. A resident pointed out that the area behind the RV parking area, the fence is only about two feet tall. (Too easy to access from the apartment parking lot).

The pedestrian gates do not close every time. Possible to install new springs, where gates close and lock every time?

The new resident directory has errors that were pointed out. (Please check your personal info).

There was a question about speeding thru our park. Should the HOA send letters to the offending companies again or should the letters come from management. If the letter is received from St Vincent’s maybe the offenders will pay attention.

Outside wall on Cathedral Oaks needs some attention. Some bags are tucked behind the bushes which appears to be belongings of homeless people.

Could the residents receive the official SCE notice when a planned outage is scheduled? It was said some pertinent info was left off of San Vicente memo.

Thank you to Management:

A big thank you to management for the New TV in the clubhouse.

Water pressure does not appear to be an issue during power outages. The emergency generator seems to be working fine.

Security has been seen in the park. Thank you for the extra patrols.

Management email addresses are available from the office.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be July 12th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Bob, seconded by Dick

Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM

 

 

4/11/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

April 11, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the March 8th meeting: motion to approve was made by Dick Mires and 2nd by Mark Allen

Guests: 18 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $5118.86

Income $0

Expenses $1702.50

Balance as of March 31, 2018 $3416.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20945.96

Interest $2.58

Money Market as of Mar.31, 2018 $20948.54

Expenses for March: Bank charge of $2.50 and Check to Brown and Brown insurance for $1700.00

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: next event will be Champagne Brunch, April 21st 5 spots are still open. This will be catered by Stanley and Martha of course. Cost is $10.00 per resident and $12 for guests. Details will be in the Voice.

Ellen reported that St. Vincent’s management is not ready with the new rules package documents. Also sent pictures of Park to management for repair work. She requested an open ended up to $2000.00 for Bruce Stanton, attorney, for review of the documents after SVHOA and GSMOL committees have reviewed them. Motion was 2nd by Cindy and it passed. Ellen also informed the meeting that after the documents are received, Rosa will then call a meeting of the Park residents regarding the water issue.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is holding a Fund raiser for DPG with a pancake breakfast on Saturday, April 14th from 10-1:00 pm. Cost is $7.00 and there are 65 people signed up. There will be a discussion on Earthquake safety. Next meeting will be June.

Business: Motion was made by Bob Mann to include the Art Committee on the alcohol insurance policy and 2nd by Don Webb, passed.

New Business: The HOA will reimburse John Wiley $18.00 for SVMHP website domain name. This is annual, motion made by Dick Mires second by Lilith, passed. Spring cleaning dumpsters are here. No contractor’s waste to be permitted as last year someone filled one of the dumpsters costing Mgmt. unnecessary expense. Please call office immediately if this is observed.

Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:

Management Inspection of Units and Sites: Notice put in our tubes states that they will do 30 units a month so doing the math that will be

9 months, an extraordinary amount of time. Previous mgmt. did this task in 5-7 days, why is the process going to take so long? Since there are many unacceptable, not up to standard units now that should be written up in a timely manner will they be continued to be allowed if it is not their particular month to be inspected? (it is evident from a walk around the Park that many are sliding thru the cracks as shabby outward appearance continues month after month) HCD has a check list of what needs to be inspected and in good order, i.e.: handrails, stairs etc.

A good suggestion was made by a resident, since our crew every month has to read the meters and as such can clearly see poor upkeep could they make a note of the space number and give to mgmt. to look into further? Another resident noted that last year some residents were notified to get their sagging siding fixed and others that were unable or unwilling to clean up the weeds had our crew do it for them and then were billed for it.

The Redo of the cracks around the Pool: Appears only one side of the pool was done.

Dead/Dying Bushes: There are dead and dying rose bushes under the San Vicente signage at the back gate. Might they be replaced with living rose bushes?

Rosa’s, Mary’s and Isabel’s email addresses are available from the office.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be May 10th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

1/11/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Annual Membership and Monthly Meeting

January 11, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 6:30

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimemez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the December 14th meeting: motion to approve was made by Mark, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 90 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3626.36

Income $60.00

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of Dec. 31, 2017 $3683.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20940.62

Interest $2.50

Money Market as of Dec. 31, 2017 $20943.12

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social. February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Cost is $3.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 HOA dues are $15 and dues for GSMOL are $25. Anne Anderson is running for vice-president of GSMOL. Next GSMOL meeting is January 26th at 6:00 pm. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Business: The board placed blank paper on each table and requested that each table write down the concerns and issues they are having and the Board will then organize them for reporting purposes

Financial documents are available for review if you would like a copy. When turning in your HOA dues please fill out the form and include your email address. The forms are on the front counter and have all Board members info on the back.

Pool is now open and is reheating. Burglaries of unlocked cars. Since Dec 2nd and into January 12-15 cars have had items stolen from their cars. If this has happened to you please file a report with the Sheriffs’ Office and let the office here know. Also let the HOA know as it apparently is not on the “to do” list of San Vicente’s office to alert the residents that burglaries are being committed. Is it possible the gates could be reprogrammed? A gate remote control was stolen from one of the vehicles. Possibly the Security Guard who works for St. Vincent’s could make a trip over twice a night for security. Rosa is in charge of that. Maintenance shortage: our crew of 4 is not enough for the size of our park. Many complaints of Park’s condition is suffering badly (see last 2 month’s minutes) Office staff: Unprofessional, unfriendliness and lack of common sense of Manager. Sometimes door is locked even though employee is inside the office, too many times there is no one IN the office, reports of residents being treated more as annoyance and unbelievably that 200 ash masks that were hand delivered by a resident to the office to be freely given to residents during the height of the Thomas Fire were refused by office because of liability issues?? Who does or says that with a Park full of elderly and older residents? The Voice does not need to be approved by office as it is a publication from the residents for the residents. Also, residents would welcome management to put articles of what is going on to be printed in the Voice but to date hasn’t done so. Residents are asking if a new phone book will be printed for their use. Also since the office is not handing out (see last month’s minutes) the new resident packet for new people moving into the park will need a box out front for that. Emergency phone number is not working, (see last month’s minutes) little to no response when dialed by residents, discovered to be basically an answering service who select which messages are passed on. New personnel in the office for a staff of two is welcomed, however, could lunch hour be split so there is always one person in the office and not both go to lunch at the same time?

Disaster Preparedness Group, (DPG) has no administrator and are short Block Captains. Office is lax in explaining to new residents what the green “OK” is on your mail box flap and not to turn off gas to your unit in an emergency etc. etc. New residents still waiting for their names on mailboxes (see last month’s minutes) some waiting three to four months have begun to put their own homemade signs up contributing to the list of what is not getting attended to.

On a more upbeat great note the Social Committee and HOA now have the insurance policy for wine and beer to be served at their events. St. Vincent’s has graciously offered to compensate the Social Committee for it. That received a round of applause from the large group attending the meeting.

[Website Admin note: Rosa, Mary and Isabel’s email addresses were included in the version of these minutes distributed via email, but are deleted here in the online website version for their protection. They’re available from the HOA or the office.]

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be February 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

12/14/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

December 14, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Mark Allen, Tony Jimemez, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Ellen Duke

It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our board member Max Lynn. Services will be January 18th at the Yacht Club. See details in Sunday’s News Press for the Obituary.

The minutes from the November 9th meeting: motion to approve was made by Mark, George 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-eight guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3658.86

Income $15.00

Expenses $47.50

Balance as of Nov. 30, 2017 $3626.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20940.62

Interest $2.58

Money Market as of Nov. 30, 2017 $20943.20

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey; HOA Membership drive January 11th Residents only. Doris Jimenez prepares her famous Chili Dinner for $5.00. Happy hour is 5:00, dinner at 5:30 and HOA meeting starts at 6:30.

Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? Although the DPG has disbanded it was suggested that existing Block Captains during this fire emergency check in on their assigned units, especially residents with mobility problems.

Egress was discussed. The Thomas fire and power outages brought to our attention that some extra care needs to be paid to our gates and emergency exit. The night of the major outage, our Cathedral Oaks gate did not open properly. It has been fixed, but these items may require more attention than they are receiving. The gates on Old Mill Road will remain open until the Thomas fire is under control. The emergency gate for egress is at the Southeast corner of the park, by space #159. It had been blocked by the homeowner who had dug a trench all the way to the street. That trench was recently filled in properly. The lock on the gate has a combination 0911. This should be used only in the most critical of circumstances. Emergency phone number turned out to actually be an answering service which was not helpful to the residents who called it.

The pool and deck area are finished and look awesome, but unfortunately the area is closed for ash and smoke at this time. A 2nd Office person has been hired and will be on the job soon. St. Vincent’s is looking into a Robocall system for our residents for future emergencies.

Insurance policy for Alcohol being served at the Clubhouse for Social Committee events has been straightened out much to our delight, a policy will be purchased which covers only Social Committee and HOA events.

Burglaries-Saturday evening Dec 2nd. There has been 8-12 cars in the area of lower Stagecoach broken into with nary a word disseminated from the Office. Website and phone #of Sheriffs’ Office will be printed by the editors of the Voice for residents’ future use.

Water System When the power goes out the backup generator should come on automatically to keep water pressure up. All hydrants would not work if there is no power and the generator fails.

N95 Masks Cynthia Manzer, resident, drove out to Direct Relief and returned with 60 masks to give to the office for residents’ use. They were refused. As an alternative they were given out at the HOA meeting.

Parking/camping on Cathedral Oaks Kudos to Ed Aasted, resident, who kept up the pressure on Supervisors to get the old RVs camping out, the limos, trucks, old ambulance etc. etc. on CO. His diligence and constant communication is directly responsible for the new curbing and no parking signs which now prevent the illegal parking. Thank you also to Janet Wolf.

Resident’s Suggestions and thoughts: It appears to residents that Isabel has no authority to make decisions which delays response time for answers and on occasion are never answered. Many residents felt system is broken and not working. Several, again, mentioned Park seems to be going downhill in care and pride. Consensus is there is too much work for maintenance staff of four. (see last months’ minutes)

Concern from residents over the numerous dried and dead 5’ tall bushes immediately outside the wall on Cathedral Oaks. This concern also includes thick brush across Cathedral Oaks directly across from the Park which needs to be taken care of. It is the HOA’s understanding that that land is owned by St. Vincent’s.

New residents are not receiving the packet that Social Committee put together that includes HOA membership, Social Committee, DPG, Art Club and all the numerous activities that are available information. Suggestion was we post the entire packet for new residents only on the Bulletin Board outside the office. No one understands why the office no longer gives it out automatically to new residents.

Board Elections: Two new Board members will be installed at the January meeting: Dick Mires and Cindy Enderby. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen will continue to serve in the upcoming term. Expiring December 2021.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be January 11, 2018 at 6:30 (Special time)

Motion to adjourn made by Don, Carolyn 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM

 

 

Special DPG 5/23

You’re invited to attend a special meeting of the SVMHP
Disaster Preparedness Group (DPG)
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
7:00 pm, at the Clubhouse

There was an invitation for all residents to attend the meeting in the May edition of the San Vicente Voice. We’ll have SHORT presentations on earthquake and evacuation preparedness, accompanied by handouts. We’ll also explain why we have a DPG and how everyone can assist in an emergency. Please try to attend this meeting.

Thanks,
Steve

6/9/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

June 9, 2016

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez

Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega, Ellen Duke, Don Webb, Mark Allen

Guests: Frank and Pat Biber, Mollie Mann, Joanne and George Meers, Barbara Shapiro, Doug and MaryAlice Winniford and Angela Stephens.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The Board Association

Minutes of May 12th, 2016 were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the May checking account balance was $2,360.14 which includes $495.00 in 2016 dues with bank fees of $2.50 There was an expense of $84.40 for Insurance. In addition, the legal defense fund balance is $19,447.66 which includes $3.00 in interest.

DPG: No information

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that next event will be a Meet and Greet free to residents (sign up sheet in the Clubhouse for this event) with pizza, salad and drinks to be served on June 23rd. July Bar B Que will be the 30th serving bar b qued hamburgers and hot dogs. On Sunday, August 14th at 3:00 pm there will be a Cheese and Wine event for a $5.00 charge with the Social Committee providing wine, cheese and

hors d’oeuvres to residents. Details are in the Voice.

Online Committee Report: none

Unfinished/Old Business: There are about 35-36 homes in San Vicente with an additional 46 or so in neighboring Rancho that are affected by the rule that New homes have to be lifted up approximately 6’ which also includes homes that are in the Flood Zone that are substantially remodeled. Costs associated with this is about $25,000 per unit. The meeting took place on May 26 with Residents from three Mobile Home Parks and County to discuss concerns. County will now meet with FEMA in Oakland, CA soon to try and set the 2 foot level aside. Mark Allens’ letter was at the meeting for anyone who wanted to read it.

Board Members have gone door to door to talk to residents about joining the HOA and 38 residents joined our HOA bringing the total up to 130 members. With by-law changes coming up the current HOA membership will receive ballots for voting.

Caltrans-Bob Mann has emailed Caltrans a letter requesting their attention to the tall, dry weed behind our Park on the onramp to 154 to 101. This is an area of concern for our Park’s safety as Fire Season is about to start. We will report when action has taken place.

Announcements/New Business:

General Discussion:

Angela Stephens would like to have the HOA coupon be put in Rent envelope or tubes come January, 2017 to remind people dues are due.

Mollie Mann reported that the fire at Old Mill Rd and Calle Real a few weeks ago involved fast burning junipers (they burn like a torch, consider taking out if they are close to your home as part of landscape)

Reminder: There are links for websites and phone numbers for Fire Stations posted on the bulletin board in the Clubhouse. These are useful for giving them a call or email about clearing a fire break for the upcoming fire season.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down. (Please do NOT pass drivers who are doing the speed limit)

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm. There will not be a July Meeting

Next Board meeting will be August 11th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.

5/12/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

May 12, 2016

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Don Webb, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, Mark Allen

Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega, Ellen Duke

Guests: Patty and Stanley Byrum, Andi Henrikson, Mollie Mann, Colin Stephens, Joanne and George Meers, Margaret and Harry Mira, Charlene Hovey and Andy and Sharon Slupski.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. The Board Association

Minutes of March 10th, 2016 were read and approved with the correction that there was not an April Board meeting.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the combined March and April checking account balance was $1,952.04 which includes $210.00 in 2016 dues with bank fees of $5.00 There was an expense of $2000.00 for Insurance. In addition, the legal defense fund balance is $19,444.66. The CD came due March 22, 2016 so the money was transferred to a Money Market account.

DPG: No information however there was a Radio Check on Tuesday.

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that Sunday Brunch catered by Stanley is sold out and will be this Sunday, May 15th. Next is a Meet and Greet free to residents (sign up sheet in the Clubhouse for this event) with pizza, salad and drinks to be served on June 23rd, July Bar B Que will be the 30th and on August 14th there will be a Cheese and Wine event free to residents. Details are in the Voice.

Online Committee Report: There was an $18.00 yearly charge for Web domain and this will be reimbursed to John Wiley.

Unfinished/Old Business: Derek Hanley and Mark Allen are pursuing SVMHP residents’ concerns over the Flood Zone new rules. There are about 35-36 homes in San Vicente with an additional 46 or so in neighboring Rancho that are affected by the rule that New homes have to be lifted up approximately 6’ which also includes homes that are in the Flood Zone that are substantially remodeled. Costs associated with this is about $25,000 per unit. There will be a meeting on May 26 with Residents and Country to discuss concerns. This policy is FEMA driven and it is up to the Flood Zone Manager to decide each house individually and he is on Medical leave for over a year. Hopefully meeting will end logically since there is some concern over earthquake problems when your home is 6 feet up in the air. Supervisor Janet Wolf was invited but declined.

Board Members will be going door to door to talk to residents about joining and discuss any concerns they may have. There will be a Board Member for each section of the Park.

Negotiations Bob Mann reported that the Sisters of Charity did not renew the lease with FessPar. The Sisters will take over running the Park at the end of June, 2017. We are protected by laws and there is no expectation of severe or difficult changes will be made here.

Announcements/New Business:

General Discussion:

Addendum to the regular May 12th minutes:

A resident brought up questions about landscaping issues. Does the park management has the right to trim or remove vegetation for safety concerns?

A resident brought up concerns about park management and where his rent money is spent.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down. (Please do NOT pass drivers who are doing the speed limit)

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.

Next Board meeting will be June 9th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.