Our Tented Clubhouse!

Flew by San Vicente Park on Tuesday late afternoon, and here’s an aerial perspective of how our Clubhouse looks this week!

Advertisements

10/9/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

October 9, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Max Lynn, Paul Ortega, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Guests- Forty-eight guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report

Checking Balance $4333.57

Income $900.00

Expenses $302.50

Balance as of Sept. 30, 2017 $4931.07

Legal Defense Money Market $20932.80

Interest $2.49

Money Market as of Sept. 30, 2017 $20935.29

Social Committee – Mollie Mann – October 21st is the Tri tip Dinner catered by Stanley and Martha. Residents $10 and Guests $12. Due to the Clubhouse being tented the cutoff date for the dinner is being moved forward to Oct. 16th. Next event will be a Rib Dinner in November.

Social Committee may have to buy insurance for the Committee to continue to serve Beer and Wine. More to come,

GSMOL UPDATE FOR HOA MEETING OCTOBER 9TH 2017 by Ellen Duke, President of GSMOL Chapter 1316

Governor Brown will decide whether to sign AB 1269 this week. Thank you to everyone who wrote letters. Thank you for everyone who has volunteered to help during this challenging transition period.

Ellen has met twice with Rosa Paredes, Pres & CEO of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries (VM), & Mary Manzo, Housing Director. Ellen believes they would like to work with us to complete the transition in a positive way for all of us. The current status is:

1) They are using the Parker Rice 2015 rules as a basis for the new documents – making changes as needed.

2) A small group of homeowners and our lawyer will be able to review and provide input on the new documents before they are finalized.

3) J&H is being replaced by a consultant to advise them on regulatory/legal issues but VM will manage the park themselves with a VM employee here.

4) They are looking into new gym equipment.

5) Subletting: We gave VM the nonprofit attorney’s opinion that VM can permit subletting and they are awaiting their lawyer’s evaluation and response.

6) The San Vicente office email address still refers to J&H but goes only to office in the clubhouse. A new email address is coming.

7) Tenting this week, pool repair next week. Door added for greater security in office.

8) Goleta Water fire backup is to be done in December. Then focus will shift to repair/replace of parts of the water system. Serious leaks have been found and been addressed pending the larger repair next year.

9) The billing system problems are being addressed by their vendor. Electricity – They were surprised that the format changed and that change will be reversed. The vendor as provided last month’s details will provide them in the future. Last month’s details can be picked up in the office and will also be provided with November’s bill.

Timing – Bills will be issued earlier in the future.

Ellen encouraged us to stay united as we await the new documents (for homeowner committee review). Again, as our lawyer has advised, as existing residents we do not have to sign new documents and should not sign them until they have been carefully reviewed, if ever. Ellen encouraged everyone to be encouraging and understanding of the learning curve of the new office staff and owners. Our goal is a good and mutually beneficial relationship.

Some concerns were shared by homeowners and they were encouraged to email both the San Vicente office and Ellen Duke. [*Ed Note-For Ellen you may use the form I have added at the bottom of this Post]

Resident’s Suggestions Security cameras. 2 people need to be working in the office, too much for a staff of one. Emails and phone calls are not being responded to. Concern that maintenance staff is down to 4.

Ellen suggested a resident committee to look into cost and maintenance of security cameras and signs that will flash your speed as persons drive down Stagecoach and Gatehouse (the freeway) This sign should be able to be moved about the Park. Discussion by many of consequences such as escalating fines to speeders!

Board Elections 6 positions need to be filled. Max and Paul will not be running again so will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining it.

220 paid membership in our HOA This is great to show we stand together to get results that are beneficial to all residents. There are between 80-90

members in GSMOL.

Our new management should be referred to St. Vincent’s or Vincent Ministries.

Old Business Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s’ If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Garbage pick up questions. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Next HOA meeting will be November 9th, 2017 at 7:00

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM


*Ellen Duke Contact Form:

Pole Land

San Vicente became “Pole Land” today as a tall crane lifted new power poles into place, and residents came out to “supervise.” We’d been notified that power would be off all day, but the crews seemed able to work while keeping it (mostly) on.

Crane & Crew
Crane & Crew

Emergency Info

As we all look for the latest information about the nearby Whittier and Alamo fires, we want to let you know about a new website created by your SVMHA website creator. One of the best local sources has often been the Edhat.com site, but as you may know it is sometimes unavailable when demand is high. For this reason, the SBCitizen.com site was created. Later tonight and during the day, information from many sources will be posted there with links for further details. A good summary of general info is the local Google News you can find linked in the right column of most pages here.

SV GSMOL Mtg 6/29/17

Website Admin note: San Vicente now has an active chapter of Golden State Manufactured-Home Owners League (GSMOL gsmol.org) in addition to our long-standing active San Vicente Homeowner’s Association (SVMHA). Since both are providing helpful information and meetings as we navigate the park management transition, the following (received via email 7/3/17 with two attachments below) is posted here in the hope that it will be helpful to owners and residents.


Dear GSMOL Chapter 1316 (San Vicente) Members and Friends;
Thank you to all who attended and contributed to the meeting.  Here are the Minutes (thank you so much, Chapter Secretary Mary Jo Chrestenson) and the Powerpoint presentation.   Both are attached as pdf documents.  I added some after-the-meeting-notes.  The minutes will not be read at the next meeting in order to save time.  If you have additions or corrections, please let me know.

We are moving forward now to consult with the GSMOL attorney. Please send allquestions, concerns and relevant information to Ellen Duke (ebduke@yahoo.com) by July 6 (extended from July 4.)  A limited number of questions/concerns will be able to be addressed, of course, in this introductory call.

We so appreciate those who volunteered to help our GSMOL chapter help our park homeowners:  Steve Roth volunteered to chair our Resident Communications Committee and Patty Byrum, Joanne Meers and Marcia Schatz volunteered to help; and Tony Armendariz volunteered to chair our Document Review Committee. Please contact Tony for more information or if you would like to help with this.

Our GSMOL Chapter also needs a Legislative Contact to keep us informed (by GSMOL) on how we can contribute to improvement of State and County laws. We need a Membership Chair to keep our membership list andhelp people become members and update their membership information.  This is a great job for someone who is familiar with Excel, for example.  Please contact Ellen if you have any questions about these or are interested.

Our next GSMOL meeting will be Thursday, July 27th, at 6pm at the clubhouse.
And I hope to see you at our next HOA meeting on Thursday, July 13th, at 7pm at the clubhouse.  Until then…

All the best,
Ellen Duke


June 29th 2017 GSMOL Meeting 7.2.pdf (Minutes, converted for website)


To download the Powerpoint PDF file click here.

To view the same file converted to see in the web browser app you’re currently using to read this website, scroll down.

SV Well Aerial Pix

It happened that we got these two views of the SV well on a recent flight. To me they demonstrate the heroic work being done to preserve and protect our well while future improvements and alternatives are being studied.

SV Pump System
SV Pump System
SV Holding Ponds
SV Holding Ponds

4/13/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
Monthly Meeting
April 13, 2017

www.svmha.com
email:
svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Ronnie Sumter, Ellen Duke, Cheryl Mrachek, Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek,

Board Members Absent: Carolyn Howe, Paul Ortega, Don Webb

Guests: Barbara and Tom Noyes, Mary Jo and Paul Christenson, Vicky Johnson, Claudia White, Max Lynn and Pat Del Giorgio-Lynn, Gary and Teri Champ, Patty Byrum, Mollie Mann, MaryAlice and Doug Winniford, Gayle and Steve Carrigan, Barbara and Hal Mishkin, Theo Siebold, Linda Amicarelli, Glenn Shearer, Virginia Fuentes , Barbara Shapiro, Margaret and Harry Mira, Derek and Barbara Hanley, Sid Slaff, Ken Farley, Andi Henrikson, Barbara Faulkner and Angela Stephens.

Bob Mann, President, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The March 9th Board Association Minutes were read approved with several corrections. The Daughters of Charity should read Sisters of Charity, Ellen Duke corrected minutes to read the committee feels we have an issue with management instead of I feel, motion and 2nd to pay yearly insurance was omitted and the Treasures’ report of expenses of $2.50 should read $26.50.

Treasurer’s Report:

DPG Report: No report

Social Committee Report: Spring Brunch. A champagne brunch is scheduled for April 29. The cost is $12.00 for residents and $14.00 for guests. Mimosas will be served at 11:00 and brunch will begin at 11:30. The menu is scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cinnamon rolls and mimosas. Possible June Family Pool Party is being planned. Check the Voice for details.

GSMOL/Scamper Report: Ellen Duke encouraged everyone to join GSMOL as they represent mobile home owners in Sacramento and share information about pass throughs. She is looking for a volunteer to help set our own chapter here in our park.

Transition Committee: Mark referred to the notice in everyone’s tube concerning the upcoming Meet and Greet with the Sisters and new Park Management. Mark thanked everyone on the transition committee for their work. The transition committee officially folded and encourages everyone to submit any questions before April 24th. No questions will be considered at the meeting other than the ones already submitted. It was suggested that if you have friends in Rancho ask them how they feel about their management as we will have the same. June 1st is the date the Sisters of Charity take over our lease.

Old/New Business. HOA membership is very important as greater member numbers make our positions stronger when dealing with management and the Sisters of Charity. Your HOA strongly recommends you submit your questions by April 24th in anticipation of the Meet and Greet meeting on April 27th at the Clubhouse. Gary Champ suggested to send a list of our needed park repairs to J and H Management team as well as the Sisters of Charity.

Hal Mishkin donated an elliptical treadmill machine which is now in need of repair with a cost of $300-350.00. He is requesting HOA pay for the repair as it is a good overall machine. Current management will not assume responsibility or liability. It was decided to present this to the new management team and was tabled until the Sisters of Charity take over.

Taxes for the HOA are due on May 18th.

Announcements: Thank you to all those (157 ) who have paid their HOA Dues. There has been Cox.net email problems trying to send HOA minutes and announcements by Bob. There were 19 emails returned all that had Cox.net that were rejected and returned as undeliverable.

Speeding: Still lots of speeders particularly on Gate House. Please look at you speedometer as you are traveling on our roads. If it doesn’t read 10 or less then you are speeding.

Another resident witnessed two kids on skateboards flying down the middle of Gatehouse please report to management if you know who they are. There has also been seen a younger man jogging with a large blond Retriever on Gatehouse. There are no large dogs allowed even if they are just visiting you. Check the rules for details.

The next Board Meeting will be Thursday, May 11, 2017

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45