8/9/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

August 9, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe, Mark Allen

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the July 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, seconded by Mark, approved.

Guests: 39 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3956.64

Income $135.00

Expenses $2.50

Bruce Stanton $375.00

Balance as of July 31, 2018 $3714.14

Legal Defense Money Market $20958.79

Interest $2.76

Money Market as of July 31, 2018 $20961.55

HOA is in the process of returning the DPG funds approx. $1400.00

Carolyn to research to deposit money market funds into a ten month CD at 2% interest.

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: The End of Summer event is Sept. 22nd. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, beans, Drinks and Ice Cream. $7 for residents and $10 for guests. Make sure you get your checks in ASAP. This event will fill up fast and could be closed before the actual cut-off date.

Document Review Committee/GSMOL Report:

Ellen thanked the Document Review Committee for their work.  Committee members included:  Tony Armendariz, Patty Byrum, Rama Fox, Tony Jimenez, Dick Mires and Ellen Duke.  GSMOL provided access to the experience attorney and our HOA provided the funds.  Ellen repeated that the new park documents were significantly better than those received last year.  St. Vincent’s modified the majority of approximately 30 concerns.  Continuing concerns include 1) the definition of common area facilities not including the Gym or RV Park, 2) the subletting prohibition, 3) burdensome requirements for prior written approval, 4) a manager who has to refer many managerial decisions to others, 5) the park indicating that it does not consider itself responsible for providing a resident directory, and 6) liability language in the Rental Agreement (our attorney, Bruce Stanton, advises us that this language will not take effect if the Homeowner does not sign the Rental Agreement).

It is important that everyone read the documents when they are distributed.  The Committee may have missed something.

GSMOL Attorney Bruce Stanton advises existing residents of California mobile home parks that they are not required to sign new park documents and should not sign new documents unless it is beneficial to them.  In our case, he is advising us not to sign the documents.  However, we can sign or initial that we have received the documents.  Ellen is checking on whether new residents who had to sign the 2017 Rental Agreement in order to move into the park may be advised differently.

Volunteers are needed to help distribute a flyer door-to-door to all homeowners which will include our attorney’s recommendations.  Please email Ellen Duke (ebduke@yahoo.com) or message or call Ellen at 805-637-3327 if you can help. This is an important service to our whole community.

Rama Fox, Space #34, is chairing the Subletting Committee, which is preparing for a presentation to Management.  The option of subletting can make a big difference in a person’s life – and their family’s.  Please send letters regarding the importance of subletting and how its prohibition will affect you to Rama Fox as soon as possible:

Rama Fox, Space #26, or by email: rama@ramafox.com

Please join HOA and GSMOL!   The next GSMOL Meeting is Thursday, August 23rd, at 6 PM.  

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is working on ideas to help residents evacuate in case of emergency. Suggest using Cathedral Oaks gate to avoid congestion on Old Mill with Rancho and Apartment residents. The other gate at the end of Round Tree would also be open and an option, with limited clearance of 11’ and no pavement. An evacuation map will be included in next month’s Voice.

Business: Our new park directory has some issues. The time has passed for residents to submit corrections. Hopefully the 2019 directory will cross reference by name and space number, which seems to be where all the errors are.

The HOA sent an email to Mary Manzo on August 1st regarding the Arroyo, security of the “man” gates and the lack of fencing behind the RV storage area. A response was returned the next day. The bid for the work in the arroyo will most likely take place in September. Management is submitting a work order for the “man” gates. They are also requesting bids for higher fencing behind the RV area.

HOA membership is down from last year. We need to seek out and talk to neighbors who may have forgotten to pay their dues in 2018.

Inspections: Management has streamlined the inspection report to make it easier for the residents to understand. Many sheds are “grandfathered “in for now, but when property is sold management could make the owner fix any discrepancies before sale is complete.

Onsite manager issue. Does San Vicente have to provide an on-site manager? St. Vincent’s response was that their manager could respond, if needed. Our manager and Director of maintenance both live in the Ventura area and was impossible for both to respond during the Montecito US 101 closure in January.

We would like to have an update on the status of the gym equipment. Many residents are eagerly awaiting the news.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

The next HOA meeting will be on September 20, 2018 at 7:00 pm

This date is the third Thursday, instead of the second as usual.

Motion to adjourn by Don, seconded by all

Meeting adjourned at 8:07 PM

Advertisements

3/8/2018 Board Minutes

Bob Mann wrote:

Here are the minutes from the March 8th meeting. Also I am sending out the flyer for those who may have forgotten to pay your 2018 dues. I will be updating the email list soon and will remove those names and addresses who have not paid. If you have any questions whether you paid do not hesitate to call Bob Mann or Carolyn Howe.
Thank you for supporting your HOA

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

March 8, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe, Ellen Duke

The minutes from the February 8th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-two guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $330.00

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of Feb. 28, 2018 $5118.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20945.96

Interest $2.41

Money Market as of Feb. 28, 2018 $20948.37

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be Saint Patrick’s Day dinner of corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Isabel is working well with Charlene in putting an article in the Voice. The Art Committee is now covered by Insurance for alcohol at their Art Shows. Dean and Charlene continue with their creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!!

GSMOL Report: Members are continuing to knock on doors to chat with residents to join.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is holding a Fund raiser for DPG with a pancake breakfast on Saturday, April 14th from 10-2:00 pm. Cost is $7.00, you can make your checks out to HOA but put DPG on your memo line. The DPG is still in need of 4 Block Captains and also Co-Captains. Next meeting will be June.

Business: The premium for D&O liability insurance to Brown and Brown for $1700.00 was approved for payment with Tony 1st and Lilith 2nd the motion.

New Business: The attractive glass French door has been reinstalled at the Office which looks really nice and welcoming. Our sad looking flagpole has been sanded, painted and the ball on top shined up along with an extra-large flag is now flying. (8 x 12) The serious gopher problems are continuing to be addressed which is good. Spring cleaning dumpsters will be coming. Reminder: Annual inspections of each home site for cleanliness, weeds, dead bushes, sagging skirting, unsafe stairs, hedges that desperately need trimming or other eyesores will be addressed. The inspections will be March 20-23.

Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:

Landscape on Cathedral Oaks was started but large trees still hanging on residents’ roofs and clogging their gutters has yet to be done. The HOA advised that San Vicente is now contracting out the tree trimming in the park. (Per February 20th memo)

Parking was discussed by all residents at the meeting, particularly the ½ hour limit.

Water leaks are not being addressed in a timely manner and left to run down the streets for 4 and 5 days before they are fixed. Concerns about possible sinkholes. The HOA advises to not drive your car over existing leaks but around them.

Roads are a big concern also as they are in such bad shape. One good rain will lift even more road surface up. Can patch and seal or chip seal be done?

Condition of the Park many homes are for sale and it was thought that it may be partly due to condition of Park. Work on homes are allowed to take way too long (#215 and #99) sometimes pushing a year and longer. The question was raised if Management is even aware they should be checking on all construction to make sure Permits have been pulled as too many have no Permits and are just winging it.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes@sv-sb.org

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo@sv-sb.org

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be April 12th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

 

2/08/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

February 8, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the January 11th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 30 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $1125.00

Expenses $17.50

Balance as of Jan. 31, 2018 $4791.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20943.12

Interest $2.84

Money Market as of Jan. 31, 2018 $20945.96

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social on February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. March 17th event will be St. Patrick’s Day Dinner with corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Also would like to commend Charlene and Dean for the creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!! Good job.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 dues for GSMOL are $25. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Dear Ellen,

I am sending you this email on behalf of Mary Manzo who is out of the office due to a family emergency.

No updates to report at this time regarding the amended Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations. We would like to inform the Homeowners that San Vicente Mobile Home Park has a new Security Patrol. The Park will now receive a nightly patrol (7 days a week) of its grounds for a period of 2 hours. There is not a set schedule with regards to the patrol times, and we have instructed our security detail to randomly select times throughout the night to ensure that their patrol schedule is not recognized or remembered. All unusual activity will be reported to management or police enforcement if necessary.

In addition, meters have been read today, February 7, 2018 in order to process statements earlier during the month. The schedule will keep on moving up for meter reads so eventually we can get them to be read at the first of the month.

All space rent increase notices have been distributed. Please contact Management if you have any questions.

We will continue to send a Park-wide update to address the comments noted in the HOA minutes. This notice will be distributed with the monthly statements.

Regards,

Rosa

 

DPG: Bob Enderby has volunteered to take on our much needed DPG and to continue it. Big round of applause from the audience as this is for our protection and safety and had been disbanded.

Business:

Pool is now open and a thermometer placed in the pool shows it right at 86 degrees. But with all the rain the deck has suffered. It now looks shabby and shows all the deck cracks. The pool tile was not blasted clean and looks shoddy. Jacuzzi is still not hot enough, should be maintained around 102 degrees. The office staff has adjusted their hours so office is now open during the lunch hour. Also, the office door has been left open which many residents noticed with approval. Dutch doors or the beautiful French door to be used (like previous managers had) was suggested by many residents to be an even better idea.

Streets have grown much worse with the last storm. Last month, residents’ wrote down their concerns which were tabulated by the HOA and sent to St. Vincent’s So far, no response on either letter. Parking concerns were brought up. Normally, there should be no cars left on street after 10:00 pm. It was noted that a memo from the Office put in our tubes stated the time was 8:00 pm but think that is incorrect. Of course, understood if you are having a gathering at your home there may be cars parked later. But all agree that there is to be NO OVERNIGHT parking on the streets in front of any one’s home. Visitors must park overnight in visitor parking with the yellow, laminated Visitor Pass with your space number on it given out by previous administration. It was noted some homeowners did not receive this pass so office might want to find out who didn’t get one. HOA does not know if Office is giving to new residents just coming in.

New Business: Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA concerning services provided regularly once a year.

Spring Clean Up Will the usual MarBorg dumpsters be put out in Spring for residents to throw away large items, collection of old paint and old electronics all during the same week?

Will a shredder company be here for residents to use, as in the past?

Will there be the once a year written visual inspection of condition of each and every home site for cleanliness, weeds, sagging skirting, rotted stairs, dead bushes, out of control hedges etc. ? Normally staff notifies any owner of weeds and other problems on a one to one basis throughout the year as needed. But it appears nothing of the sort is being done by a casual WALK around the park. Again, probably connected to not enough maintenance staff.

Care Program may help residents with their electric bills. See info on the link.

https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/residential/assistance/care-fera

Rent Increase with many residents noticing that the CPI used was changed from the CPI used by past managements. CPI-U or CPI-W.

An HOA Board Member would like the HOA to review letter detailing pool problems to be sent to management.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints. Please email office with complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be March 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

11/9/2017 Board Minutes

Here are the minutes from the Nov. 9th meeting. I will be sending an email to management regarding all items in the Residents suggestions section in the minutes.
Thanks for supporting your HOA.
Bob Mann

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

November 9, 2017

www.svmha.com

email:svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officer Present: Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Max Lynn, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our Vice-President and former Treasurer Paul Ortega. He will be greatly missed by all.

The minutes from the October 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Tony, Ellen 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-six guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4931.07

Income $315.00

Expenses $1587.21

Balance as of October 31, 2017 $3658.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20935.29

Interest $2.75

Money Market as of Oct. 31, 2017 $20938.04

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann   December 9 will be our Christmas Dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls, honey butter and dessert. $10.00 Residents $12.00 Guests plus 2 canned goods/nonperishable to be collected and donated. Cut off is Dec.3. This event is quickly filled up so get your check in soon.

GSMOL Report from Ellen Duke:

 

Homeowners Association

GSMOL Chapter 1316 Report

San Vicente Mobile Home Park


The following update was provided by Rosa Paredes, President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries:

1.      In regards to whether or not San Vicente Mobile Home Park will allow subleasing, we are not ready to discuss this topic at this time since we are still discussing and reviewing it internally with our advisors and attorneys. 

2.       We are also continuing to update the Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations.  We are anticipating that the draft will be available for the sub-committee’s review early next year.  As you know, we do not want to rush this process and are diligently reviewing these documents to ensure they are in compliance with the law.

3.       The updated Rental Agreement and Rules and Regulations will be distributed as they were last time in accordance with the Mobilehome Residency Law and a Meet and Confer will be scheduled after the sub-committee reviews the documents. 

4.       Assuming the meet and confer is scheduled in February/March 2018, means the new documents will be in effect approximately in August/September 2018 of next year.

5.     Also, please remind the Residents that they can email or contact the onsite manager directly for any concerns or comments.  She will communicate items as appropriate to Mary Manzo or myself.

6.     We have interviews scheduled for the office clerk this week.  Hoping to fill the position ASAP.

Note from Ellen Duke, GSMOL Chapter President, HOA Board Member: Due to last-minute scheduling problems, Rosa was not able to meet with me. We will reschedule before the next meeting. Meanwhile, you can send any questions or concerns about this update or issues not addressed by management to me at ebduke@yahoo.com.

It is great to see the improved maintenance on the clubhouse and repair of the pool deck. At the meeting, concerns were expressed about over-chlorination of the jacuzzi due to the need for a new part, and the effect of the reduction in maintenance staff and increased time needed for them to complete new paperwork. There were complaints about how the grounds are being maintained and the cut back in refuse service. Homeowners were advised to submit their specific concerns to management, and they can copy Ellen and/or advise her if concerned about the response.

Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? We have merged the funds from the DPG with the HOA. Steve Roth was in attendance and was thanked for his years of service to the DPG. Anyone that is interested please contact an HOA board member.

Resident’s Suggestions: Questions on what is taking so long to fix the pool deck. We passed on that management is also doing some work in the shower area, which might add some time to the finished product.

Residents voiced concerns that maintenance issues are being overlooked. Trees needing to be trimmed, bushes hiding stop signs, etc… General consensus is the maintenance crew is understaffed.

The Jacuzzi needs some repair. The chlorine level is so high that it hurts your eyes when you are in the water.

Garbage pickup question. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Security cameras were brought up again. Will pass on to the management.

Board Elections: 6 positions need to be filled. Max will not be running and with the death of Paul we will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen are again running for the board. Last day to sign up is November 10th.

Old Business: Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s. If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be December 14th, 2017 at 7:00

Motion to adjourn made by Don, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM

 

 

4/13/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
Monthly Meeting
April 13, 2017

www.svmha.com
email:
svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Ronnie Sumter, Ellen Duke, Cheryl Mrachek, Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek,

Board Members Absent: Carolyn Howe, Paul Ortega, Don Webb

Guests: Barbara and Tom Noyes, Mary Jo and Paul Christenson, Vicky Johnson, Claudia White, Max Lynn and Pat Del Giorgio-Lynn, Gary and Teri Champ, Patty Byrum, Mollie Mann, MaryAlice and Doug Winniford, Gayle and Steve Carrigan, Barbara and Hal Mishkin, Theo Siebold, Linda Amicarelli, Glenn Shearer, Virginia Fuentes , Barbara Shapiro, Margaret and Harry Mira, Derek and Barbara Hanley, Sid Slaff, Ken Farley, Andi Henrikson, Barbara Faulkner and Angela Stephens.

Bob Mann, President, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The March 9th Board Association Minutes were read approved with several corrections. The Daughters of Charity should read Sisters of Charity, Ellen Duke corrected minutes to read the committee feels we have an issue with management instead of I feel, motion and 2nd to pay yearly insurance was omitted and the Treasures’ report of expenses of $2.50 should read $26.50.

Treasurer’s Report:

DPG Report: No report

Social Committee Report: Spring Brunch. A champagne brunch is scheduled for April 29. The cost is $12.00 for residents and $14.00 for guests. Mimosas will be served at 11:00 and brunch will begin at 11:30. The menu is scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cinnamon rolls and mimosas. Possible June Family Pool Party is being planned. Check the Voice for details.

GSMOL/Scamper Report: Ellen Duke encouraged everyone to join GSMOL as they represent mobile home owners in Sacramento and share information about pass throughs. She is looking for a volunteer to help set our own chapter here in our park.

Transition Committee: Mark referred to the notice in everyone’s tube concerning the upcoming Meet and Greet with the Sisters and new Park Management. Mark thanked everyone on the transition committee for their work. The transition committee officially folded and encourages everyone to submit any questions before April 24th. No questions will be considered at the meeting other than the ones already submitted. It was suggested that if you have friends in Rancho ask them how they feel about their management as we will have the same. June 1st is the date the Sisters of Charity take over our lease.

Old/New Business. HOA membership is very important as greater member numbers make our positions stronger when dealing with management and the Sisters of Charity. Your HOA strongly recommends you submit your questions by April 24th in anticipation of the Meet and Greet meeting on April 27th at the Clubhouse. Gary Champ suggested to send a list of our needed park repairs to J and H Management team as well as the Sisters of Charity.

Hal Mishkin donated an elliptical treadmill machine which is now in need of repair with a cost of $300-350.00. He is requesting HOA pay for the repair as it is a good overall machine. Current management will not assume responsibility or liability. It was decided to present this to the new management team and was tabled until the Sisters of Charity take over.

Taxes for the HOA are due on May 18th.

Announcements: Thank you to all those (157 ) who have paid their HOA Dues. There has been Cox.net email problems trying to send HOA minutes and announcements by Bob. There were 19 emails returned all that had Cox.net that were rejected and returned as undeliverable.

Speeding: Still lots of speeders particularly on Gate House. Please look at you speedometer as you are traveling on our roads. If it doesn’t read 10 or less then you are speeding.

Another resident witnessed two kids on skateboards flying down the middle of Gatehouse please report to management if you know who they are. There has also been seen a younger man jogging with a large blond Retriever on Gatehouse. There are no large dogs allowed even if they are just visiting you. Check the rules for details.

The next Board Meeting will be Thursday, May 11, 2017

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45

2/9/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly meeting

February 9th, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Ellen Duke, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega, Carolyn Howe

Guests: Mary Jo Christensen, Pat and Max Lynn, Mary Helen Nunez, George and Joanne Meers, Mollie Mann, Claudia White, Tom Kincaid, Gary and Teri Champ, Angela Stephens, Carol and Steve Roth, Ruth Shook and Andi Henrikson.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. The January 12th Board Association Minutes were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: End of the Year Financial Statements are available to any HOA member. If you would like one, request either a hard copy or a digital copy. Ellen Duke reported that membership for 2017 has reached 135 which is wonderful!!! The checking account balance was $3,674.34. HOA Dues Income was $345.00. Expenses were $0 with bank fees of $2.50, and the current balance is $ 4,016.84. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $ 20,911.81 with $2.75 interest, totaling $20,914.58.

DPG Report: Steve Roth said next radio check will be February 20th for Block Captains. Contact Steve to become a Block Captain that will help out residents in the case of a true disaster. All information is on the San Vicente Website. [Link]

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that the next Social Committee Event will be for Valentine’s Day however the date is February 12th NOT the 14th. It will be delicious pie and ice cream and cost will be $3.00. ( Already closed ) Next event is St. Patrick’s Day on March 18th. It will be catered by Stanley (!) and will be Irish Stew, Green Salad, Corn Bread with Honey Butter. Cost of dinner is $12 for Residents and $14 for guests. In April there will a Champagne Saturday Brunch ALL information is in the San Vicente Voice.

GSMOL/Scamper Report: Ellen Duke encouraged all to join as they represent mobile home owners in Sacramento. Scamper meets monthly and share information among different mobile home parks about “pass through” etc. Mark Allen states that membership in our HOA will make a difference when we get to July 1 management transition to the Daughters of Charity. Information is on their website www.gsmol.org and encourages all to join.

Old Business:

Speeding: Speeding is still an issue. It was brought up that some of the speeders are actually residents who live here. Please remind caretakers, gardeners, relatives and visitors to our park to slow down.

New Exercise Equipment: Update is the Board will hold off until the lease is taken over in July by the new management. (No change on this position.)

Announcements/New Business/Guest Questions

It was reported that Daughters of Charity and Parker/Rice are in litigation. Results of this could affect residents financially. Pass Throughs are a problem to us. Water storage, pipes and our streets are a great concern. Committee to advise the Board was designated and will consist of Max Lynn, Ellen Duke, Derek Handly, Don Webb, Cheryl Mrachek and Mark Allen.

Thank you from the Board for all who have paid their 2017 membership dues of $15.00. Your HOA Board encourages residents to join as soon as possible. Checks can be put in the HOA box at the Clubhouse.

The next Board meeting is Thursday, March 9th, 2017 at 7 P.M. in the Clubhouse.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm.

2/11/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

February 11, 2016

svmha.comemail

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Cheryl Mrachek, Paul Ortega

Board Members Present: Jack Jackson, Don Webb, Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez

Board Members Absent: Ellen Duke, Mark Allen

Guests: Agnes and Anthony Kallas, Charlene Hovey, Jacq Vanderlaan, Betty Ortega, Dorothy Kelly, Susan Kepler, Pat Haden, Barbara Noyes, Joella Webb, Stanley and Patty Byrum, Joanne and George Meers, Andi Henrikson , Mollie Mann and Gil Zuniga

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

The Board Association Minutes of January 14, 2016 were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: It was reported that the January checking account balance was $3,484.34 which includes $955.00 in 2016 dues with expenses of $201.71 and bank fees of $2.50. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $19,419.34.

DPG: There are sand bags available on Dump Road at the County yard and approximately 300 here in our Park. Bob reported that there are generators for emergency use in the park and they will be tested to make sure they run.

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that on February 14th, Valentines’ Day, free Cookies and Ice Cream will be served to residents only from 2:00-3:00 pm. 50+ residents have signed up and the closing date was February 9th.

In addition, Saint Patrick’s Day dinner is March 17th, Residents $10, Guests $12.

Happy Hour will start up on March 24th. Bring an appetizer for 8-10 people to the Clubhouse at 5:00 PM.

Unfinished/Old Business: By-Laws 3 pages need update. Changes will be highlighted in red. Membership will need to vote on the changes. Ballots will be sent out later in the spring after 2016 Membership drive is completed. Board Members will go door to door to talk to residents about joining and any concerns they may have.

Missing/stolen items: Pool gauge has been returned. Member at the meeting asked about security cameras. If purchased they are more for the exercise room (where damage and theft has occurred several times) and hallways etc.

Negotiations still in progress hopefully in February work will be done.

Announcements/New Business:

Pat Haden was presented an award for her 24 years of service to the Homeowners Association. She decided to retire at the end of December. Pat will be greatly missed.

The board would like to meet with Rob Rice about J & H property management leaving the gates open all day at the Rancho Santa Barbara (RSB) park next door. Our board is definitely against leaving our gates open, as this is a fast track to Cathedral Oaks from residents of the apartments on Old Mill. Several residents spoke of their concerns on this matter. [website ed. note: I have spelled out RSB for clarity, and add here that though I missed this month’s meeting the concern mentioned seems related to the possibility that the J&H managers apparently recently hired by Rob Rice may take over SVMHP management if Rob’s contract is renewed by SV owners]

Bob encouraged everyone to check out “Yelp” for reviews of J & H property management.

It was also suggested that some of our board contact board members at RSB to see how J & H is doing so far.

General Discussion:

Social committee would like to use our tax ID number for donations for the Art receptions. The board will take this under advisement and get back to the Art Committee. Barbara Noyes advised that abuse could occur on donations using tax ID #.

Gil Zuniga asked if anything is being done in the exercise room. How many people have been signing in and why has management not removed old and broken equipment. A few weights have been removed. Possible unauthorized use by guests.

Don Webb suggested to keep doors to outside locked and lock door at the base of the steps, where only residents would have a key and access to the room. Motion was made and seconded to talk to Stuart about this problem.

Speeding please remind friends and family that speed limit is 10 MPH Do your part and ask known speeders to slow it down.

HOA Dues are due for 2016 Include your email address with your check for membership. Just drop your check in the HOA Box at the Clubhouse. Management does not want HOA checks in the rent envelope. Thank you for your consideration.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.

Next Board meeting will be March 10th at 7:00 pm in the Clubhouse. Bring your questions and concerns.