7/12/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
Monthly Meeting
July 12, 2018

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the June 14th meeting: motion to approve was made by Dick and seconded by George, approved.

Guests: 39 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3959.14

Income $0

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of May 31, 2018 $3956.64

Legal Defense Money Market $20956.29

Interest $2.50

Money Market as of May 31, 2018 $20958.79

HOA will return the DPG funds approx. $1400.00

Carolyn to research to deposit money market funds into a ten month CD at 2% interest.

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: The Sept. 21st BBQ is closed. There is a waiting list. Tri Tip by Stanley. August, no event. September is a mystery dinner by Stanley.

2018 Document Review Committee Update by Ellen Duke:

On June 29th, the committee submitted their recommendations and concerns to St. Vincent’s. There were about 30 items.

On July 16th, St. Vincent’s will meet with the committee to respond to the report.

St. Vincent’s has indicated that they will be issuing a new document package in early August.  St. Vincent’s will be holding a “Meet and Confer” meeting with residents after the new documents are issued, as they did last year.

A response is being prepared to St. Vincent’s announcement that they will not permit subletting even though it does not affect their nonprofit status. This contradicts what was promised at last year’s Meet and Confer meeting and will negatively impact residents. Residents are encouraged to contact Rama Fox or Ellen Duke regarding the importance of this issue or to share experience with subletting.

The GSMOL attorney continues to advise all residents that they are not required to sign any of the new documents and the attorney advises us not to sign any of the new documents. He reports that the last rental agreement that we signed is the one that is in effect, unless we sign a new rental agreement. New residents will have to sign the new rental agreement to move into the park. The new rules and regulations, architectural standards will go into effect from 2 months to 6 months after issued unless they are withdrawn.

GSMOL Update by Ellen Duke:

Thursday, July 26th is the next GSMOL meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend. This will be after St. Vincent’s response to the committee’s report. There will be a discussion of the anticipated documents and options for response.

Information was received that indicated that not everything on the inspection sheets being distributed had to be done immediately. This is being researched further.

Ellen noted the importance of everyone joining HOA and GSMOL, or at least one of those organizations.

Water Aerobics

There was a spirited discussion about the conflict between the Thursday 10:30 – 11:30 Water Aerobics class and the posted Guest Hours of 10am – noon daily. After the meeting, Ellen Duke followed up with management (Isabel) and was told that in the future, swimmers will be allowed to swim in the pool while the class is going on. Ellen confirmed this with water aerobics class participants.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is working on ideas to help residents evacuate in case of emergency. Suggest using Cathedral Oaks gate to avoid congestion on Old Mill with Rancho and Apartment residents. The other gate at the end of Round Tree would also be open and an option. Block Captains need to know which residents would need help evacuating.

Business: Our new park directory has some issues. Management said they noticed four errors. But a resident did a survey and has discovered more than 21 errors. The information that was gathered by residents going door to door was not utilized. Preferences of residents about phone numbers, names, etc. needs to be fixed.

To add to the problems that are occurring at the pool. During guest hours, some residents who are swimming laps are instructing the guests to stay out of the lap area. Guests that happen to be small children need to swim side to side and must cross the lap lane. Solution: Residents should swim when guests are not allowed.

Residents would like to have the GYM equipment back sooner than later. Also wondering why tennis courts are getting an update first. One resident has asked management four to five times about the equipment and has not received an answer. We would like a time line, not the standard answer, “we are looking into it”. Opinion is that, why the gym equipment was completely removed, where no one could use equipment, but money was invested in the tennis facility which was in need of repair, but still useable.

One trade off we used to enjoy, was the reciprocal agreement with Rancho, where we could use the golf course and they could use our tennis facility. Is this agreement still in effect?

The “peeping-tom” issue was handled poorly. The incident was reported to the office on June 5th and the only notification to residents appeared in the “Park Update” dated June 27th. Unacceptable.

Fencing between the apartments on Old Mill and the RV parking area is only two feet high. No security as anyone could enter our park anytime.

Rancho Santa Barbara is in the process of trenching and deepening the channel of Atascadero creek. With the forecasters now predicting an El Nino this winter, the question we have: is San Vicente going to deepen the channel thru our park this summer and fall before the rains come.

A resident voiced concerns about not having maps readily available for anyone, guests or vendors coming to our park for business. If there is no map, how can individuals know which way to proceed? Another suggestion was to replace the small signs throughout our park are faded and hard to read that point to which space numbers are where. Suggestion: Put the big map back up at the Old Mill entrance?

Property inspections: Forms are confusing. No prioritization on what needs to be done immediately or can wait. Many do not understand the last page.

Concerns about how slowly things are being done. Simple questions still take weeks to answer. Frustration

Charlene Hovey has contacted Shred-to-You to come to the park on August 8th at 11:00 for any document shredding that you wish to do. A typical “bankers box” around 25 pounds will cost $5.00. To be paid by the individual with their documents. Details will be in the Voice next month.

The email list of HOA members is being updated. Those who have not paid their dues for 2018 will be removed from the list.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be August 9th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn by Don, seconded by all

Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM

FYI

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes@sv-sb.org

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo@sv-sb.org

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

 

 

Letters (PDFs)

Bob Mann sent this via email. -Ed

Sorry, I spoke about the letters at Thursday’s meeting that the board sent to management and forgot to post them. Here they are. First about the pool condition and second about the office and communication issues.

Thanks San Vicente HOA

This email mentions the pool, so I’m including it too. -Ed
To: Rosa Paredes, Mary Manzo, Isabel Valenzuela
Date: February, 8 2018

Concerns and observations

The recent pool area deck repair and painting left a very mediocre result.  The first rain washed the paint off the silicone repairs leaving a visible road map of the damaged surfaces.  This is probably why the decking was previously carpeted to hide the scars.  The previous carpeting was in place for an estimated 20 years.  Unfortunately, the cap-stone tiles around the edge of the pool were not regrouted to seal off the open cracks just above the water line in the pool.  It could have been easily repaired when the water was out of the pool. Also the pool tiles were supposed to be cleaned while the pool was empty. At this time only 2 umbrellas remain.  One is damaged at this time.  The umbrellas only last 1 or 2 seasons.

Thank you for your attention to these issues
San Vicente Homeowners Association Board of Directors

Below are links to the two PDF files sent with Bob’s email. Click to download. -Ed

First letter to Mary

Letter to Mary

2/08/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

February 8, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the January 11th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 30 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $1125.00

Expenses $17.50

Balance as of Jan. 31, 2018 $4791.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20943.12

Interest $2.84

Money Market as of Jan. 31, 2018 $20945.96

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social on February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. March 17th event will be St. Patrick’s Day Dinner with corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Also would like to commend Charlene and Dean for the creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!! Good job.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 dues for GSMOL are $25. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Dear Ellen,

I am sending you this email on behalf of Mary Manzo who is out of the office due to a family emergency.

No updates to report at this time regarding the amended Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations. We would like to inform the Homeowners that San Vicente Mobile Home Park has a new Security Patrol. The Park will now receive a nightly patrol (7 days a week) of its grounds for a period of 2 hours. There is not a set schedule with regards to the patrol times, and we have instructed our security detail to randomly select times throughout the night to ensure that their patrol schedule is not recognized or remembered. All unusual activity will be reported to management or police enforcement if necessary.

In addition, meters have been read today, February 7, 2018 in order to process statements earlier during the month. The schedule will keep on moving up for meter reads so eventually we can get them to be read at the first of the month.

All space rent increase notices have been distributed. Please contact Management if you have any questions.

We will continue to send a Park-wide update to address the comments noted in the HOA minutes. This notice will be distributed with the monthly statements.

Regards,

Rosa

 

DPG: Bob Enderby has volunteered to take on our much needed DPG and to continue it. Big round of applause from the audience as this is for our protection and safety and had been disbanded.

Business:

Pool is now open and a thermometer placed in the pool shows it right at 86 degrees. But with all the rain the deck has suffered. It now looks shabby and shows all the deck cracks. The pool tile was not blasted clean and looks shoddy. Jacuzzi is still not hot enough, should be maintained around 102 degrees. The office staff has adjusted their hours so office is now open during the lunch hour. Also, the office door has been left open which many residents noticed with approval. Dutch doors or the beautiful French door to be used (like previous managers had) was suggested by many residents to be an even better idea.

Streets have grown much worse with the last storm. Last month, residents’ wrote down their concerns which were tabulated by the HOA and sent to St. Vincent’s So far, no response on either letter. Parking concerns were brought up. Normally, there should be no cars left on street after 10:00 pm. It was noted that a memo from the Office put in our tubes stated the time was 8:00 pm but think that is incorrect. Of course, understood if you are having a gathering at your home there may be cars parked later. But all agree that there is to be NO OVERNIGHT parking on the streets in front of any one’s home. Visitors must park overnight in visitor parking with the yellow, laminated Visitor Pass with your space number on it given out by previous administration. It was noted some homeowners did not receive this pass so office might want to find out who didn’t get one. HOA does not know if Office is giving to new residents just coming in.

New Business: Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA concerning services provided regularly once a year.

Spring Clean Up Will the usual MarBorg dumpsters be put out in Spring for residents to throw away large items, collection of old paint and old electronics all during the same week?

Will a shredder company be here for residents to use, as in the past?

Will there be the once a year written visual inspection of condition of each and every home site for cleanliness, weeds, sagging skirting, rotted stairs, dead bushes, out of control hedges etc. ? Normally staff notifies any owner of weeds and other problems on a one to one basis throughout the year as needed. But it appears nothing of the sort is being done by a casual WALK around the park. Again, probably connected to not enough maintenance staff.

Care Program may help residents with their electric bills. See info on the link.

https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/residential/assistance/care-fera

Rent Increase with many residents noticing that the CPI used was changed from the CPI used by past managements. CPI-U or CPI-W.

An HOA Board Member would like the HOA to review letter detailing pool problems to be sent to management.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints. Please email office with complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be March 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

Disclosure Letter

Below is a copy of an official letter given to prospective residents, reproduced here for your convenience. Note that the Disclosure Form it references is not available online, and instead should be picked up at the SVMHP management office.


San Vicente Mobile Home Park

Dear Prospective Resident,

We are proud of our community and hope that you will find it to be an attractive place in which to live and enjoy our common areas and facilities. As you will notice, attached to this letter is a Disclosure Form that we are required to provide to you under California law. While this Form is not a warranty and is not a substitute for your own inspection, it is intended to provide you with information about the common areas and facilities listed in the form. If you have any questions about the Disclosure Form, please contact the Park Office for an explanation or answer. As you read the Disclosure Form, please keep the following in mind: Continue reading “Disclosure Letter”