2/08/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

February 8, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the January 11th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 30 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $1125.00

Expenses $17.50

Balance as of Jan. 31, 2018 $4791.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20943.12

Interest $2.84

Money Market as of Jan. 31, 2018 $20945.96

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social on February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. March 17th event will be St. Patrick’s Day Dinner with corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Also would like to commend Charlene and Dean for the creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!! Good job.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 dues for GSMOL are $25. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Dear Ellen,

I am sending you this email on behalf of Mary Manzo who is out of the office due to a family emergency.

No updates to report at this time regarding the amended Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations. We would like to inform the Homeowners that San Vicente Mobile Home Park has a new Security Patrol. The Park will now receive a nightly patrol (7 days a week) of its grounds for a period of 2 hours. There is not a set schedule with regards to the patrol times, and we have instructed our security detail to randomly select times throughout the night to ensure that their patrol schedule is not recognized or remembered. All unusual activity will be reported to management or police enforcement if necessary.

In addition, meters have been read today, February 7, 2018 in order to process statements earlier during the month. The schedule will keep on moving up for meter reads so eventually we can get them to be read at the first of the month.

All space rent increase notices have been distributed. Please contact Management if you have any questions.

We will continue to send a Park-wide update to address the comments noted in the HOA minutes. This notice will be distributed with the monthly statements.

Regards,

Rosa

 

DPG: Bob Enderby has volunteered to take on our much needed DPG and to continue it. Big round of applause from the audience as this is for our protection and safety and had been disbanded.

Business:

Pool is now open and a thermometer placed in the pool shows it right at 86 degrees. But with all the rain the deck has suffered. It now looks shabby and shows all the deck cracks. The pool tile was not blasted clean and looks shoddy. Jacuzzi is still not hot enough, should be maintained around 102 degrees. The office staff has adjusted their hours so office is now open during the lunch hour. Also, the office door has been left open which many residents noticed with approval. Dutch doors or the beautiful French door to be used (like previous managers had) was suggested by many residents to be an even better idea.

Streets have grown much worse with the last storm. Last month, residents’ wrote down their concerns which were tabulated by the HOA and sent to St. Vincent’s So far, no response on either letter. Parking concerns were brought up. Normally, there should be no cars left on street after 10:00 pm. It was noted that a memo from the Office put in our tubes stated the time was 8:00 pm but think that is incorrect. Of course, understood if you are having a gathering at your home there may be cars parked later. But all agree that there is to be NO OVERNIGHT parking on the streets in front of any one’s home. Visitors must park overnight in visitor parking with the yellow, laminated Visitor Pass with your space number on it given out by previous administration. It was noted some homeowners did not receive this pass so office might want to find out who didn’t get one. HOA does not know if Office is giving to new residents just coming in.

New Business: Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA concerning services provided regularly once a year.

Spring Clean Up Will the usual MarBorg dumpsters be put out in Spring for residents to throw away large items, collection of old paint and old electronics all during the same week?

Will a shredder company be here for residents to use, as in the past?

Will there be the once a year written visual inspection of condition of each and every home site for cleanliness, weeds, sagging skirting, rotted stairs, dead bushes, out of control hedges etc. ? Normally staff notifies any owner of weeds and other problems on a one to one basis throughout the year as needed. But it appears nothing of the sort is being done by a casual WALK around the park. Again, probably connected to not enough maintenance staff.

Care Program may help residents with their electric bills. See info on the link.

https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/residential/assistance/care-fera

Rent Increase with many residents noticing that the CPI used was changed from the CPI used by past managements. CPI-U or CPI-W.

An HOA Board Member would like the HOA to review letter detailing pool problems to be sent to management.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints. Please email office with complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be March 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

Advertisements

1/11/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Annual Membership and Monthly Meeting

January 11, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 6:30

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimemez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the December 14th meeting: motion to approve was made by Mark, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 90 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3626.36

Income $60.00

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of Dec. 31, 2017 $3683.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20940.62

Interest $2.50

Money Market as of Dec. 31, 2017 $20943.12

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social. February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Cost is $3.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 HOA dues are $15 and dues for GSMOL are $25. Anne Anderson is running for vice-president of GSMOL. Next GSMOL meeting is January 26th at 6:00 pm. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Business: The board placed blank paper on each table and requested that each table write down the concerns and issues they are having and the Board will then organize them for reporting purposes

Financial documents are available for review if you would like a copy. When turning in your HOA dues please fill out the form and include your email address. The forms are on the front counter and have all Board members info on the back.

Pool is now open and is reheating. Burglaries of unlocked cars. Since Dec 2nd and into January 12-15 cars have had items stolen from their cars. If this has happened to you please file a report with the Sheriffs’ Office and let the office here know. Also let the HOA know as it apparently is not on the “to do” list of San Vicente’s office to alert the residents that burglaries are being committed. Is it possible the gates could be reprogrammed? A gate remote control was stolen from one of the vehicles. Possibly the Security Guard who works for St. Vincent’s could make a trip over twice a night for security. Rosa is in charge of that. Maintenance shortage: our crew of 4 is not enough for the size of our park. Many complaints of Park’s condition is suffering badly (see last 2 month’s minutes) Office staff: Unprofessional, unfriendliness and lack of common sense of Manager. Sometimes door is locked even though employee is inside the office, too many times there is no one IN the office, reports of residents being treated more as annoyance and unbelievably that 200 ash masks that were hand delivered by a resident to the office to be freely given to residents during the height of the Thomas Fire were refused by office because of liability issues?? Who does or says that with a Park full of elderly and older residents? The Voice does not need to be approved by office as it is a publication from the residents for the residents. Also, residents would welcome management to put articles of what is going on to be printed in the Voice but to date hasn’t done so. Residents are asking if a new phone book will be printed for their use. Also since the office is not handing out (see last month’s minutes) the new resident packet for new people moving into the park will need a box out front for that. Emergency phone number is not working, (see last month’s minutes) little to no response when dialed by residents, discovered to be basically an answering service who select which messages are passed on. New personnel in the office for a staff of two is welcomed, however, could lunch hour be split so there is always one person in the office and not both go to lunch at the same time?

Disaster Preparedness Group, (DPG) has no administrator and are short Block Captains. Office is lax in explaining to new residents what the green “OK” is on your mail box flap and not to turn off gas to your unit in an emergency etc. etc. New residents still waiting for their names on mailboxes (see last month’s minutes) some waiting three to four months have begun to put their own homemade signs up contributing to the list of what is not getting attended to.

On a more upbeat great note the Social Committee and HOA now have the insurance policy for wine and beer to be served at their events. St. Vincent’s has graciously offered to compensate the Social Committee for it. That received a round of applause from the large group attending the meeting.

[Website Admin note: Rosa, Mary and Isabel’s email addresses were included in the version of these minutes distributed via email, but are deleted here in the online website version for their protection. They’re available from the HOA or the office.]

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be February 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

12/14/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

December 14, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Mark Allen, Tony Jimemez, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Ellen Duke

It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our board member Max Lynn. Services will be January 18th at the Yacht Club. See details in Sunday’s News Press for the Obituary.

The minutes from the November 9th meeting: motion to approve was made by Mark, George 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-eight guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3658.86

Income $15.00

Expenses $47.50

Balance as of Nov. 30, 2017 $3626.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20940.62

Interest $2.58

Money Market as of Nov. 30, 2017 $20943.20

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey; HOA Membership drive January 11th Residents only. Doris Jimenez prepares her famous Chili Dinner for $5.00. Happy hour is 5:00, dinner at 5:30 and HOA meeting starts at 6:30.

Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? Although the DPG has disbanded it was suggested that existing Block Captains during this fire emergency check in on their assigned units, especially residents with mobility problems.

Egress was discussed. The Thomas fire and power outages brought to our attention that some extra care needs to be paid to our gates and emergency exit. The night of the major outage, our Cathedral Oaks gate did not open properly. It has been fixed, but these items may require more attention than they are receiving. The gates on Old Mill Road will remain open until the Thomas fire is under control. The emergency gate for egress is at the Southeast corner of the park, by space #159. It had been blocked by the homeowner who had dug a trench all the way to the street. That trench was recently filled in properly. The lock on the gate has a combination 0911. This should be used only in the most critical of circumstances. Emergency phone number turned out to actually be an answering service which was not helpful to the residents who called it.

The pool and deck area are finished and look awesome, but unfortunately the area is closed for ash and smoke at this time. A 2nd Office person has been hired and will be on the job soon. St. Vincent’s is looking into a Robocall system for our residents for future emergencies.

Insurance policy for Alcohol being served at the Clubhouse for Social Committee events has been straightened out much to our delight, a policy will be purchased which covers only Social Committee and HOA events.

Burglaries-Saturday evening Dec 2nd. There has been 8-12 cars in the area of lower Stagecoach broken into with nary a word disseminated from the Office. Website and phone #of Sheriffs’ Office will be printed by the editors of the Voice for residents’ future use.

Water System When the power goes out the backup generator should come on automatically to keep water pressure up. All hydrants would not work if there is no power and the generator fails.

N95 Masks Cynthia Manzer, resident, drove out to Direct Relief and returned with 60 masks to give to the office for residents’ use. They were refused. As an alternative they were given out at the HOA meeting.

Parking/camping on Cathedral Oaks Kudos to Ed Aasted, resident, who kept up the pressure on Supervisors to get the old RVs camping out, the limos, trucks, old ambulance etc. etc. on CO. His diligence and constant communication is directly responsible for the new curbing and no parking signs which now prevent the illegal parking. Thank you also to Janet Wolf.

Resident’s Suggestions and thoughts: It appears to residents that Isabel has no authority to make decisions which delays response time for answers and on occasion are never answered. Many residents felt system is broken and not working. Several, again, mentioned Park seems to be going downhill in care and pride. Consensus is there is too much work for maintenance staff of four. (see last months’ minutes)

Concern from residents over the numerous dried and dead 5’ tall bushes immediately outside the wall on Cathedral Oaks. This concern also includes thick brush across Cathedral Oaks directly across from the Park which needs to be taken care of. It is the HOA’s understanding that that land is owned by St. Vincent’s.

New residents are not receiving the packet that Social Committee put together that includes HOA membership, Social Committee, DPG, Art Club and all the numerous activities that are available information. Suggestion was we post the entire packet for new residents only on the Bulletin Board outside the office. No one understands why the office no longer gives it out automatically to new residents.

Board Elections: Two new Board members will be installed at the January meeting: Dick Mires and Cindy Enderby. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen will continue to serve in the upcoming term. Expiring December 2021.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be January 11, 2018 at 6:30 (Special time)

Motion to adjourn made by Don, Carolyn 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM

 

 

11/9/2017 Board Minutes

Here are the minutes from the Nov. 9th meeting. I will be sending an email to management regarding all items in the Residents suggestions section in the minutes.
Thanks for supporting your HOA.
Bob Mann

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

November 9, 2017

www.svmha.com

email:svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officer Present: Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Max Lynn, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our Vice-President and former Treasurer Paul Ortega. He will be greatly missed by all.

The minutes from the October 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Tony, Ellen 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-six guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4931.07

Income $315.00

Expenses $1587.21

Balance as of October 31, 2017 $3658.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20935.29

Interest $2.75

Money Market as of Oct. 31, 2017 $20938.04

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann   December 9 will be our Christmas Dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls, honey butter and dessert. $10.00 Residents $12.00 Guests plus 2 canned goods/nonperishable to be collected and donated. Cut off is Dec.3. This event is quickly filled up so get your check in soon.

GSMOL Report from Ellen Duke:

 

Homeowners Association

GSMOL Chapter 1316 Report

San Vicente Mobile Home Park


The following update was provided by Rosa Paredes, President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries:

1.      In regards to whether or not San Vicente Mobile Home Park will allow subleasing, we are not ready to discuss this topic at this time since we are still discussing and reviewing it internally with our advisors and attorneys. 

2.       We are also continuing to update the Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations.  We are anticipating that the draft will be available for the sub-committee’s review early next year.  As you know, we do not want to rush this process and are diligently reviewing these documents to ensure they are in compliance with the law.

3.       The updated Rental Agreement and Rules and Regulations will be distributed as they were last time in accordance with the Mobilehome Residency Law and a Meet and Confer will be scheduled after the sub-committee reviews the documents. 

4.       Assuming the meet and confer is scheduled in February/March 2018, means the new documents will be in effect approximately in August/September 2018 of next year.

5.     Also, please remind the Residents that they can email or contact the onsite manager directly for any concerns or comments.  She will communicate items as appropriate to Mary Manzo or myself.

6.     We have interviews scheduled for the office clerk this week.  Hoping to fill the position ASAP.

Note from Ellen Duke, GSMOL Chapter President, HOA Board Member: Due to last-minute scheduling problems, Rosa was not able to meet with me. We will reschedule before the next meeting. Meanwhile, you can send any questions or concerns about this update or issues not addressed by management to me at ebduke@yahoo.com.

It is great to see the improved maintenance on the clubhouse and repair of the pool deck. At the meeting, concerns were expressed about over-chlorination of the jacuzzi due to the need for a new part, and the effect of the reduction in maintenance staff and increased time needed for them to complete new paperwork. There were complaints about how the grounds are being maintained and the cut back in refuse service. Homeowners were advised to submit their specific concerns to management, and they can copy Ellen and/or advise her if concerned about the response.

Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? We have merged the funds from the DPG with the HOA. Steve Roth was in attendance and was thanked for his years of service to the DPG. Anyone that is interested please contact an HOA board member.

Resident’s Suggestions: Questions on what is taking so long to fix the pool deck. We passed on that management is also doing some work in the shower area, which might add some time to the finished product.

Residents voiced concerns that maintenance issues are being overlooked. Trees needing to be trimmed, bushes hiding stop signs, etc… General consensus is the maintenance crew is understaffed.

The Jacuzzi needs some repair. The chlorine level is so high that it hurts your eyes when you are in the water.

Garbage pickup question. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Security cameras were brought up again. Will pass on to the management.

Board Elections: 6 positions need to be filled. Max will not be running and with the death of Paul we will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen are again running for the board. Last day to sign up is November 10th.

Old Business: Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s. If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be December 14th, 2017 at 7:00

Motion to adjourn made by Don, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM

 

 

HOA meeting 11/9

From HOA President Bob Mann 9am 11/8:
Good morning,
The HOA will be conducting its monthly meeting at 7:00 in the Clubhouse on Thursday November 9th. Hope to see you there.
San Vicente HOA

IMPORTANT Election info

This email was sent at 9am 10/28 by Bob Mann, SVMHP HOA President. -Ed

San Vicente Homeowners Association

Election for board members

We have six openings on the board. Please sign up if you wish to serve. The commitment will be from January 2018 thru December 2021. This commits you to attend monthly meetings and serve on occasional committees. Names will be placed on a ballot and members will vote in November and December. The six top vote getters will be installed at the January 11, 2018 meeting.

Board members that are running again are, Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Don Webb and Ellen Duke.

Please submit your name, space number and return to the box in the clubhouse by November 10th.

10/9/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

October 9, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Max Lynn, Paul Ortega, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Guests- Forty-eight guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report

Checking Balance $4333.57

Income $900.00

Expenses $302.50

Balance as of Sept. 30, 2017 $4931.07

Legal Defense Money Market $20932.80

Interest $2.49

Money Market as of Sept. 30, 2017 $20935.29

Social Committee – Mollie Mann – October 21st is the Tri tip Dinner catered by Stanley and Martha. Residents $10 and Guests $12. Due to the Clubhouse being tented the cutoff date for the dinner is being moved forward to Oct. 16th. Next event will be a Rib Dinner in November.

Social Committee may have to buy insurance for the Committee to continue to serve Beer and Wine. More to come,

GSMOL UPDATE FOR HOA MEETING OCTOBER 9TH 2017 by Ellen Duke, President of GSMOL Chapter 1316

Governor Brown will decide whether to sign AB 1269 this week. Thank you to everyone who wrote letters. Thank you for everyone who has volunteered to help during this challenging transition period.

Ellen has met twice with Rosa Paredes, Pres & CEO of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries (VM), & Mary Manzo, Housing Director. Ellen believes they would like to work with us to complete the transition in a positive way for all of us. The current status is:

1) They are using the Parker Rice 2015 rules as a basis for the new documents – making changes as needed.

2) A small group of homeowners and our lawyer will be able to review and provide input on the new documents before they are finalized.

3) J&H is being replaced by a consultant to advise them on regulatory/legal issues but VM will manage the park themselves with a VM employee here.

4) They are looking into new gym equipment.

5) Subletting: We gave VM the nonprofit attorney’s opinion that VM can permit subletting and they are awaiting their lawyer’s evaluation and response.

6) The San Vicente office email address still refers to J&H but goes only to office in the clubhouse. A new email address is coming.

7) Tenting this week, pool repair next week. Door added for greater security in office.

8) Goleta Water fire backup is to be done in December. Then focus will shift to repair/replace of parts of the water system. Serious leaks have been found and been addressed pending the larger repair next year.

9) The billing system problems are being addressed by their vendor. Electricity – They were surprised that the format changed and that change will be reversed. The vendor as provided last month’s details will provide them in the future. Last month’s details can be picked up in the office and will also be provided with November’s bill.

Timing – Bills will be issued earlier in the future.

Ellen encouraged us to stay united as we await the new documents (for homeowner committee review). Again, as our lawyer has advised, as existing residents we do not have to sign new documents and should not sign them until they have been carefully reviewed, if ever. Ellen encouraged everyone to be encouraging and understanding of the learning curve of the new office staff and owners. Our goal is a good and mutually beneficial relationship.

Some concerns were shared by homeowners and they were encouraged to email both the San Vicente office and Ellen Duke. [*Ed Note-For Ellen you may use the form I have added at the bottom of this Post]

Resident’s Suggestions Security cameras. 2 people need to be working in the office, too much for a staff of one. Emails and phone calls are not being responded to. Concern that maintenance staff is down to 4.

Ellen suggested a resident committee to look into cost and maintenance of security cameras and signs that will flash your speed as persons drive down Stagecoach and Gatehouse (the freeway) This sign should be able to be moved about the Park. Discussion by many of consequences such as escalating fines to speeders!

Board Elections 6 positions need to be filled. Max and Paul will not be running again so will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining it.

220 paid membership in our HOA This is great to show we stand together to get results that are beneficial to all residents. There are between 80-90

members in GSMOL.

Our new management should be referred to St. Vincent’s or Vincent Ministries.

Old Business Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s’ If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Garbage pick up questions. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Next HOA meeting will be November 9th, 2017 at 7:00

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM


*Ellen Duke Contact Form: