7/12/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
Monthly Meeting
July 12, 2018

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the June 14th meeting: motion to approve was made by Dick and seconded by George, approved.

Guests: 39 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3959.14

Income $0

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of May 31, 2018 $3956.64

Legal Defense Money Market $20956.29

Interest $2.50

Money Market as of May 31, 2018 $20958.79

HOA will return the DPG funds approx. $1400.00

Carolyn to research to deposit money market funds into a ten month CD at 2% interest.

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: The Sept. 21st BBQ is closed. There is a waiting list. Tri Tip by Stanley. August, no event. September is a mystery dinner by Stanley.

2018 Document Review Committee Update by Ellen Duke:

On June 29th, the committee submitted their recommendations and concerns to St. Vincent’s. There were about 30 items.

On July 16th, St. Vincent’s will meet with the committee to respond to the report.

St. Vincent’s has indicated that they will be issuing a new document package in early August.  St. Vincent’s will be holding a “Meet and Confer” meeting with residents after the new documents are issued, as they did last year.

A response is being prepared to St. Vincent’s announcement that they will not permit subletting even though it does not affect their nonprofit status. This contradicts what was promised at last year’s Meet and Confer meeting and will negatively impact residents. Residents are encouraged to contact Rama Fox or Ellen Duke regarding the importance of this issue or to share experience with subletting.

The GSMOL attorney continues to advise all residents that they are not required to sign any of the new documents and the attorney advises us not to sign any of the new documents. He reports that the last rental agreement that we signed is the one that is in effect, unless we sign a new rental agreement. New residents will have to sign the new rental agreement to move into the park. The new rules and regulations, architectural standards will go into effect from 2 months to 6 months after issued unless they are withdrawn.

GSMOL Update by Ellen Duke:

Thursday, July 26th is the next GSMOL meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend. This will be after St. Vincent’s response to the committee’s report. There will be a discussion of the anticipated documents and options for response.

Information was received that indicated that not everything on the inspection sheets being distributed had to be done immediately. This is being researched further.

Ellen noted the importance of everyone joining HOA and GSMOL, or at least one of those organizations.

Water Aerobics

There was a spirited discussion about the conflict between the Thursday 10:30 – 11:30 Water Aerobics class and the posted Guest Hours of 10am – noon daily. After the meeting, Ellen Duke followed up with management (Isabel) and was told that in the future, swimmers will be allowed to swim in the pool while the class is going on. Ellen confirmed this with water aerobics class participants.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is working on ideas to help residents evacuate in case of emergency. Suggest using Cathedral Oaks gate to avoid congestion on Old Mill with Rancho and Apartment residents. The other gate at the end of Round Tree would also be open and an option. Block Captains need to know which residents would need help evacuating.

Business: Our new park directory has some issues. Management said they noticed four errors. But a resident did a survey and has discovered more than 21 errors. The information that was gathered by residents going door to door was not utilized. Preferences of residents about phone numbers, names, etc. needs to be fixed.

To add to the problems that are occurring at the pool. During guest hours, some residents who are swimming laps are instructing the guests to stay out of the lap area. Guests that happen to be small children need to swim side to side and must cross the lap lane. Solution: Residents should swim when guests are not allowed.

Residents would like to have the GYM equipment back sooner than later. Also wondering why tennis courts are getting an update first. One resident has asked management four to five times about the equipment and has not received an answer. We would like a time line, not the standard answer, “we are looking into it”. Opinion is that, why the gym equipment was completely removed, where no one could use equipment, but money was invested in the tennis facility which was in need of repair, but still useable.

One trade off we used to enjoy, was the reciprocal agreement with Rancho, where we could use the golf course and they could use our tennis facility. Is this agreement still in effect?

The “peeping-tom” issue was handled poorly. The incident was reported to the office on June 5th and the only notification to residents appeared in the “Park Update” dated June 27th. Unacceptable.

Fencing between the apartments on Old Mill and the RV parking area is only two feet high. No security as anyone could enter our park anytime.

Rancho Santa Barbara is in the process of trenching and deepening the channel of Atascadero creek. With the forecasters now predicting an El Nino this winter, the question we have: is San Vicente going to deepen the channel thru our park this summer and fall before the rains come.

A resident voiced concerns about not having maps readily available for anyone, guests or vendors coming to our park for business. If there is no map, how can individuals know which way to proceed? Another suggestion was to replace the small signs throughout our park are faded and hard to read that point to which space numbers are where. Suggestion: Put the big map back up at the Old Mill entrance?

Property inspections: Forms are confusing. No prioritization on what needs to be done immediately or can wait. Many do not understand the last page.

Concerns about how slowly things are being done. Simple questions still take weeks to answer. Frustration

Charlene Hovey has contacted Shred-to-You to come to the park on August 8th at 11:00 for any document shredding that you wish to do. A typical “bankers box” around 25 pounds will cost $5.00. To be paid by the individual with their documents. Details will be in the Voice next month.

The email list of HOA members is being updated. Those who have not paid their dues for 2018 will be removed from the list.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be August 9th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn by Don, seconded by all

Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM

FYI

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes@sv-sb.org

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo@sv-sb.org

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

 

 

Advertisements

NEWS! and May 24th GSMOL Meeting Minutes

From Ellen Duke – President, GSMOL Chapter 131 (SVMHP):

Dear GSMOL Members;
Attached are the minutes from the May 24th, 2018, GSMOL Meeting. Please read and share them with your neighbors and encourage your neighbors to join GSMOL and the HOA. This is a very important thing you can do, especially at this time, because….
There is news! The 2018 Document Review Committee (both HOA and GSMOL members) has started reviewing the new documents provided by St. Vincent’s. This is not starting the review period that all homeowners will have when the documents are officially released.
We appreciate the opportunity to review these and bring suggestions and any concerns to St. Vincent’s attention and also have a better understanding of them in hopes of making the process much less stressful on homeowners than last year.
The GSMOL attorney is available to help us and our HOA has provided funds for that purpose.
We are not announcing the names of the Document Review Committee except that I am on the committee. We ask that the committee not be asked for information or updates. We would like to work collaboratively with St. Vincents during this process. Sharing concerns that may or may not be in the final document can be counterproductive. It also results in more homeowners being concerned and stressed when it might not even be necessary.
We’re working on it! After all, that’s why you’re paying us the big bucks, right? (yes, I’m kidding…)
We appreciate your support as we go through this very challenging process.
All the best,

Ellen Duke
President, GSMOL Chapter 1316San Vicente Mobile Home Park
Board Member, San Vicente Homeowners Association

5.24.18 Minutes Final GSMOL 1316

GSMOL Membership Forms

To contact Ellen Duke directly, you can use this Form:

2/22/2018 SV GSMOL Minutes

San Vicente Mobile Home Park GSMOL Chapter 1316 Meeting Minutes
February 22, 2018, 6:00 p.m.

Before the meeting, participants enjoyed hot apple cider and cookies. President Ellen Duke asked all members to please check with Membership Chair Teri Champ to be sure their emails and phone numbers on file at the state GSMOL are still correct.

At 6:00 pm, the meeting was called to order, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and approval of the January 18th, 2018 Minutes. (Minutes are not read at meeting – please send corrections of these to Ellen before the next meeting if possible.)

Vice-President Steve Roth and his wife Carol are moving to Ventura to be closer to family. Both have contributed to our community in many ways. Steve was the Chair of the Disaster Preparedness Group for many years while Carol kept our library’s Christian book section organized. We will miss them and wish them well!

Membership Drive
Ellen thanked those who have helped in the membership drive so far: Teri and Gary Champ, Marcia and Ron Schatz, Sidonia Slaff and Mary Jo Crestenson. The effort is continuing through March and more volunteers will be appreciated. Park map, handouts, applications, envelopes, address labels and stamps are provided. Please call or email Ellen Duke.

State Bill AB 587

This is another example of GSMOL working to help California manufactured/mobile home owners. More information is attached. We will provide more information later this year. Meanwhile, anyone interested can go to website noted above or call the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) at 1-800-962-8356.

State GSMOL Election – Thank you to the many who voted and to Sid Slaff for helping! Members can still vote through March 16th using the ballot on the back of the Californian.

Questions About Park Update
The monthly Park Update from our new management is a great idea and has good information and reports progress on park conditions. There was some discussion about the February 20th update:

Regarding Resident Directory: Management reported that only 150 residents have provided information for the park directory and Ellen expressed concern and asked that we consider volunteering to help complete this valuable resource.

All agreed that the directory is important. It was noted that except for new residents the information that would be used in the directory is already public as it has been published in prior directories. Someone asked why management couldn’t just ask residents to respond if they had changes or had any concerns about having their information included, so that non-response would indicate agreement. Our understanding is that the new management believes they need to have written permission for this, their first publication of the directory, but that the forms will not be required for inclusion in the future.

After the meeting, Cindy Enderby, Space 185, bravely and generously volunteered to lead this project – a big one! If you can help with just a few who haven’t responded, it would be much appreciated and you will be helping our community. Please contact Cindy at 680-0316

Gym not in Update: It was noted that the update did not mention the gym although some time ago the new management had reported that they were looking into renting exercise equipment. This is important to resident’s health and quality of life and is advertised as a facility of the park. A otherwise empty room with a shuffle board without sticks, two pool tables and a worn out ping pong table reflects poorly on the park and does not serve the needs of the residents as a gym or recreational facility.

Regarding Parking Update, dated January 26, 2018: We reviewed our understanding of the most recent parking practices under the Parker Rice management. All agreed that guest parking on the streets has been allowed during the day but no parking on the streets allowed after 10pm at night. This was a management-approved parking practice that has been in place for many years. It was approved verbally at multiple meetings. Paragraph 14C of the rules notes that management could mark approved street parking at its sole discretion but management apparently chose not to mark the streets recently, as was their choice. Paragraph 14G notes that guests must park in marked guest parking or in those areas designated by Park Management as provided in Section 14C.

Ellen checked and state regulations permit parking in mobile home parks on one side of the street if the street is 32 feet wide and on both sides of the street if the street is 40 feet wide. Our streets are 32 feet wide.

Ellen and others recalled a meeting when Parker Rice management asked people to ask their guests to park on just one side of the street – in other words, not to park a car across the street from where a car is already parked. Some who have been here longer recalled Parker Rice management marking one side of the longer streets on one side for parking and the other side for pedestrians but abandoning that method because residents complained that the shady side of the street, preferred for walking, was on different sides of the street at different times of the day. That method also results in some people having the cars of neighbors’ guests frequently parked in front of their homes while some people never have cars parked in front.

Because there are many areas of the park without guest parking, prohibiting parking on the streets would in effect deny these residents the opportunity to have guests from outside the park visit their homes. Members at the meeting noted that the current guest parking practices have been working
well when followed. Everyone was in favor of continuing the no parking on the streets at night and in favor of continuing safe parking on streets during the day. We hope that the new management will continue these reasonable practices.

Sub-Leasing Option Review: St. Vincent’s has reported that the reason they would not allow subletting was because they could not allow it due to their non-profit status but they have not confirmed this since receiving legal opinion that their non-profit status would not be jeopardized. Ellen shared what she had learned from talking to homeowners, sublessees, and local real estate agents. She heard many stories about how important this option had proven to be to homeowners.

Information Sharing, Comments and Questions:
The roads are getting worse and dangerous, the potholes are increasing and even the repairs detract from the appearance of the park. Residents have brought this to management’s attention.

A resident has complained to management about a continually barking dog and received no response.

Several residents said they have not received any individual response to their complaints/concerns and that the office staff does not always respond within the time frame they have promised and have to be called again. People feel like they sometimes have to nag to get a response and no one likes having to do that.

After the meeting: It was reported that several homeowners were surprised to receive a rent bill this month that noted that they had not paid last month’s rent – when they knew they had dropped off the check at the office! It turned out that several rent checks had been misfiled last month and were never recorded or cashed. There was concern that there was no earlier notice to the homeowners that their rent was late or that their checks were missing.

Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.

Respectfully Submitted: Ellen Duke and Mary Jo Crestenson

NEXT MEETING: MARCH 22, 2018: 6:00 PM

JOIN GSMOL ONLINE OR
PICK-UP APPLICATION AT CLUBHOUSE LOBBY
AND SEND IT IN WITH YOUR CHECK

GSMOL MISSION STATEMENT: The Golden State Manufactured-home Owners League is a statewide volunteer organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the health, safety, welfare, rights, and investment of members throughout California. Our mission is accomplished primarily by legislative advocacy at national, state, and local levels, by judicious use of legal funds to protect homeowners, and by education of members so that they can help themselves solve local problems.

2/08/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

February 8, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Mark Allen, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek, Ellen Duke, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires

Board Members Absent: Don Webb

The minutes from the January 11th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, Tony 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Approximately 30 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4791.36

Income $1125.00

Expenses $17.50

Balance as of Jan. 31, 2018 $4791.36

Legal Defense Money Market $20943.12

Interest $2.84

Money Market as of Jan. 31, 2018 $20945.96

 

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: next event will be a Valentine Ice Cream and Cake social on February 11th from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. March 17th event will be St. Patrick’s Day Dinner with corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, green salad. Cost is $10.00 per resident or guest. Details will be in the Voice. Special note: a surprise is planned for our diners. Also would like to commend Charlene and Dean for the creativity and dedication they are giving to the Voice!! Good job.

GSMOL Report: Ellen reported 2018 dues for GSMOL are $25. The attachment below are responses to questions from Ellen from Rosa Paredes.

Dear Ellen,

I am sending you this email on behalf of Mary Manzo who is out of the office due to a family emergency.

No updates to report at this time regarding the amended Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations. We would like to inform the Homeowners that San Vicente Mobile Home Park has a new Security Patrol. The Park will now receive a nightly patrol (7 days a week) of its grounds for a period of 2 hours. There is not a set schedule with regards to the patrol times, and we have instructed our security detail to randomly select times throughout the night to ensure that their patrol schedule is not recognized or remembered. All unusual activity will be reported to management or police enforcement if necessary.

In addition, meters have been read today, February 7, 2018 in order to process statements earlier during the month. The schedule will keep on moving up for meter reads so eventually we can get them to be read at the first of the month.

All space rent increase notices have been distributed. Please contact Management if you have any questions.

We will continue to send a Park-wide update to address the comments noted in the HOA minutes. This notice will be distributed with the monthly statements.

Regards,

Rosa

 

DPG: Bob Enderby has volunteered to take on our much needed DPG and to continue it. Big round of applause from the audience as this is for our protection and safety and had been disbanded.

Business:

Pool is now open and a thermometer placed in the pool shows it right at 86 degrees. But with all the rain the deck has suffered. It now looks shabby and shows all the deck cracks. The pool tile was not blasted clean and looks shoddy. Jacuzzi is still not hot enough, should be maintained around 102 degrees. The office staff has adjusted their hours so office is now open during the lunch hour. Also, the office door has been left open which many residents noticed with approval. Dutch doors or the beautiful French door to be used (like previous managers had) was suggested by many residents to be an even better idea.

Streets have grown much worse with the last storm. Last month, residents’ wrote down their concerns which were tabulated by the HOA and sent to St. Vincent’s So far, no response on either letter. Parking concerns were brought up. Normally, there should be no cars left on street after 10:00 pm. It was noted that a memo from the Office put in our tubes stated the time was 8:00 pm but think that is incorrect. Of course, understood if you are having a gathering at your home there may be cars parked later. But all agree that there is to be NO OVERNIGHT parking on the streets in front of any one’s home. Visitors must park overnight in visitor parking with the yellow, laminated Visitor Pass with your space number on it given out by previous administration. It was noted some homeowners did not receive this pass so office might want to find out who didn’t get one. HOA does not know if Office is giving to new residents just coming in.

New Business: Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA concerning services provided regularly once a year.

Spring Clean Up Will the usual MarBorg dumpsters be put out in Spring for residents to throw away large items, collection of old paint and old electronics all during the same week?

Will a shredder company be here for residents to use, as in the past?

Will there be the once a year written visual inspection of condition of each and every home site for cleanliness, weeds, sagging skirting, rotted stairs, dead bushes, out of control hedges etc. ? Normally staff notifies any owner of weeds and other problems on a one to one basis throughout the year as needed. But it appears nothing of the sort is being done by a casual WALK around the park. Again, probably connected to not enough maintenance staff.

Care Program may help residents with their electric bills. See info on the link.

https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/residential/assistance/care-fera

Rent Increase with many residents noticing that the CPI used was changed from the CPI used by past managements. CPI-U or CPI-W.

An HOA Board Member would like the HOA to review letter detailing pool problems to be sent to management.

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints. Please email office with complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be March 8th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Tony, Board 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM

SV GSMOL Mtg 1/25/18

San Vicente Mobile Home Park GSMOL Chapter 1316 Meeting Minutes

January 25, 2018, 6:00 p.m.

Before the meeting was called to order residents were informed management in recent days had distributed in their space cylinders the following items: Park Update, Resident Information Update Form, Notice of Change of Mobile Home Residency Law, Homeowner Directory Update, Notice of Utility Assistance to Low Income Person, and Notice of Rights and Responsibilities (Mobile Residency Law found in Section 798). Some residents had not received these.

At 6:00 pm, the meeting was called to order by President Ellen Duke, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and approval of the June 29, 2017 Minutes. (Minutes are not read at meeting – please send any corrections to Ellen before the meeting if possible.) Ellen utilized a PowerPoint presentation and some slides are included here. GSMOL Chapter officers are:

State GSMOL Update: Vote for Anne Anderson and 2017 Legislative Summary

Our GSMOL area manager Anne Anderson is candidate for GSMOL Vice President for Zone B-1. All GSMOL members, please sign and return your ballots (in the The Californian) before March. Consider a donation to the General Fund to help GSMOL, a volunteer organization, double its membership.

One of the reasons GSMOL is important to us is that it monitors all legislation and is our advocate in Sacramento. Eight bills supported by GSMOL became law and the three bills sponsored by WMA – “Western Manufacturing Housing Communities Association” (the park owner’s organization) GSMOL opposed and were not passed. AB 1269, supported by GSMOL and our chapter, passed the legislature but was vetoed by the governor, who felt the expense would not be supported by the income. However, he acknowledged the problem and directed more attention to mobile homeowner’s issues and complaints through an existing mobile home assistance program. GSMOL hasn’t given up and is considering alternatives.

Santa Barbara County Mobile Home Rent Control Ordinance Education:

The county ordinance (see excerpt below) permits homeowners to challenge rent increases if more than the normal 75% of CPI. However, park owners can collect the proposed increase throughout the period it is being challenged. This encourages park owners to delay the final decision as long as possible. It is reported that Nomad Village homeowners had to pay a

$119 rent increase per month for years until the county decision was to cut the increase to $39 per month. The homeowners report that their park owner is paying them back only in monthly increments in spite of now owing thousands of dollars to each homeowner. We and homeowners in other county parks are concerned about this and consulting GSMOL.

Sub-Leasing Issue Update: St. Vincent’s has reported that the reason they would not allow subletting was because they could not allow it due to their non-profit status.

New Park Documents:

**Existing homeowners are still under Parker/Rice rules. However, we learned that homeowners moving in now are having to sign the 7/17 documents that St. Vincent’s issued last year. The new homeowners will be under the 7/17 rules until the new documents (not yet issued) take effect.

San Vicente HOA and GSMOL: Sharing responsibilities and actively working together to benefit homeowners!

Information Sharing, Comments and Questions:

Resident expressed it feels like we now have a voice with HOA membership increasing and our GSMOL Chapter reactivated. Residents expressed praise and gratitude to Ellen for her hard work and countless hours shared. Ellen expressed thanks for the support and noted that many people continue to contribute their talents and time. She noted how HOA, led by HOA President Bob Mann, and GSMOL are a great combination, with our chapter’s access to GSMOL’s experience and legal expertise, and our HOA having the money to fund appropriate legal costs. We have actually used very little HOA funds thanks to the very reasonable legal fees and our careful management of what we send to the lawyer for review. She stressed the need to increase and support both GSMOL and HOA.

Has anyone looked at the park’s Conditional Use Permit? According to it, St.Vincent’s is responsible for roads and providing guest and residential. Ellen will contact the concerned homeowner about this.

A couple had not signed up for GSMOL and called themselves friends of GSMOL because they are sub-lessors. This couple graciously offered that they would be willing to help any resident with the cost of membership if there was a financial need and to contact Ellen about this if interested. Anne Anderson said they could have an Associate Membership. After the meeting they were informed that both homeowners and sub-lessors can become GSMOL members with voting privileges.

There was a question in regards to the Rent Increase memo we received and what did the word maximum mean? It was clarified that “maximum” is the maximum amount permitted as a normal increase under the Santa Barbara County Mobile Home Rent Control Ordinance. Any additional increase is subject to challenge by homeowners. Ellen informed

us that currently there is a resident making sure the Consumer Price Index (CPI) being used is correct. (Note: Confirmed after meeting.)

Why does Rancho Santa Barbara have such great exercise equipment (and we don’t)? It was explained that a local gym was getting rid of their old equipment and this became available to them. Anne Anderson informed us that their pool is being replaced and learned that St. Vincent’s doesn’t allow residents from their park to use ours because of liability issues.

There is a concern that the tile in the women’s dressing room and shower at our pool are extremely slippery and the bench is missing. The pool and spa temperature seem to be cool and the spa chlorine appears not to be regulated properly.

In the men’s dressing room at the pool, the light switch seems too close to the shower. Is this a GFI issue that needs to be addressed or is it already GFI-protected?

A resident has requested a work order to trim the trees on Cathedral Oaks which are overhanging in her yard and others and still had not been addressed. The maintenance team currently has only 4 men and there used to be 6. Also, there is a lot more paperwork, and this is reducing time for park maintenance even more.

There is a concern that the Christmas gratuity from the residents to the employees was a burden for the office to be responsible for. Perhaps this could be something HOA could take care of in the future.

Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Respectfully Submitted: Mary Jo Chrestenson (with Ellen Duke)

NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2018: 6:00 PM PLEASE JOIN GSMOL! (ONLINE OR MAIL FORM WITH CHECK)

Attendees: Attendees: Janie Ableson, Linda Amicarelli, Patty Byrum, T Carlson, Teri Champ, Gary Champ, Mary Jo Chrestenson, Paul Chrestenson, Pat DelGiorgio-Lynn, Ellen Duke, Kathleen Elmer, Bob Enderby, Cindy Enderby, Mary Anne Harrison, Lilith Imbrogno, Chryssa MacCutcheon, Joanne Meers, George Meers, Harry Mira, Margaret Norton, Rosalie Patmor, Bruce Phillips, Rick Polcaro, Diane Price, Irmlind Rump, Albert Rump, John Sanders, Ron Schatz, Marcia Schatz, Erhard Schinzel, Barbara Shapiro, Glenn Shearer, Ruth Shook, Theo Siebold, Sidonia Slaff, Ronnie Sumter, Pma Tregenza, Don Webb

GSMOL MISSION STATEMENT: The Golden State Manufactured-home Owners League is a statewide volunteer organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the health, safety, welfare, rights, and investment of members throughout California. Our mission is accomplished primarily by legislative advocacy at national, state, and local levels, by judicious use of legal funds to protect homeowners, and by education of members so that they can help themselves solve local problems.

11/9/2017 Board Minutes

Here are the minutes from the Nov. 9th meeting. I will be sending an email to management regarding all items in the Residents suggestions section in the minutes.
Thanks for supporting your HOA.
Bob Mann

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

November 9, 2017

www.svmha.com

email:svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officer Present: Bob Mann

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Board Members Absent: Max Lynn, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our Vice-President and former Treasurer Paul Ortega. He will be greatly missed by all.

The minutes from the October 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Tony, Ellen 2nd, and approved by all.

Guests: Twenty-six guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $4931.07

Income $315.00

Expenses $1587.21

Balance as of October 31, 2017 $3658.86

Legal Defense Money Market $20935.29

Interest $2.75

Money Market as of Oct. 31, 2017 $20938.04

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann   December 9 will be our Christmas Dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls, honey butter and dessert. $10.00 Residents $12.00 Guests plus 2 canned goods/nonperishable to be collected and donated. Cut off is Dec.3. This event is quickly filled up so get your check in soon.

GSMOL Report from Ellen Duke:

 

Homeowners Association

GSMOL Chapter 1316 Report

San Vicente Mobile Home Park


The following update was provided by Rosa Paredes, President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries:

1.      In regards to whether or not San Vicente Mobile Home Park will allow subleasing, we are not ready to discuss this topic at this time since we are still discussing and reviewing it internally with our advisors and attorneys. 

2.       We are also continuing to update the Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations.  We are anticipating that the draft will be available for the sub-committee’s review early next year.  As you know, we do not want to rush this process and are diligently reviewing these documents to ensure they are in compliance with the law.

3.       The updated Rental Agreement and Rules and Regulations will be distributed as they were last time in accordance with the Mobilehome Residency Law and a Meet and Confer will be scheduled after the sub-committee reviews the documents. 

4.       Assuming the meet and confer is scheduled in February/March 2018, means the new documents will be in effect approximately in August/September 2018 of next year.

5.     Also, please remind the Residents that they can email or contact the onsite manager directly for any concerns or comments.  She will communicate items as appropriate to Mary Manzo or myself.

6.     We have interviews scheduled for the office clerk this week.  Hoping to fill the position ASAP.

Note from Ellen Duke, GSMOL Chapter President, HOA Board Member: Due to last-minute scheduling problems, Rosa was not able to meet with me. We will reschedule before the next meeting. Meanwhile, you can send any questions or concerns about this update or issues not addressed by management to me at ebduke@yahoo.com.

It is great to see the improved maintenance on the clubhouse and repair of the pool deck. At the meeting, concerns were expressed about over-chlorination of the jacuzzi due to the need for a new part, and the effect of the reduction in maintenance staff and increased time needed for them to complete new paperwork. There were complaints about how the grounds are being maintained and the cut back in refuse service. Homeowners were advised to submit their specific concerns to management, and they can copy Ellen and/or advise her if concerned about the response.

Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? We have merged the funds from the DPG with the HOA. Steve Roth was in attendance and was thanked for his years of service to the DPG. Anyone that is interested please contact an HOA board member.

Resident’s Suggestions: Questions on what is taking so long to fix the pool deck. We passed on that management is also doing some work in the shower area, which might add some time to the finished product.

Residents voiced concerns that maintenance issues are being overlooked. Trees needing to be trimmed, bushes hiding stop signs, etc… General consensus is the maintenance crew is understaffed.

The Jacuzzi needs some repair. The chlorine level is so high that it hurts your eyes when you are in the water.

Garbage pickup question. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Security cameras were brought up again. Will pass on to the management.

Board Elections: 6 positions need to be filled. Max will not be running and with the death of Paul we will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen are again running for the board. Last day to sign up is November 10th.

Old Business: Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s. If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be December 14th, 2017 at 7:00

Motion to adjourn made by Don, Lilith 2nd

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM

 

 

10/9/2017 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

October 9, 2017

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Max Lynn, Paul Ortega, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek

Guests- Forty-eight guests attended.

Treasurer’s Report

Checking Balance $4333.57

Income $900.00

Expenses $302.50

Balance as of Sept. 30, 2017 $4931.07

Legal Defense Money Market $20932.80

Interest $2.49

Money Market as of Sept. 30, 2017 $20935.29

Social Committee – Mollie Mann – October 21st is the Tri tip Dinner catered by Stanley and Martha. Residents $10 and Guests $12. Due to the Clubhouse being tented the cutoff date for the dinner is being moved forward to Oct. 16th. Next event will be a Rib Dinner in November.

Social Committee may have to buy insurance for the Committee to continue to serve Beer and Wine. More to come,

GSMOL UPDATE FOR HOA MEETING OCTOBER 9TH 2017 by Ellen Duke, President of GSMOL Chapter 1316

Governor Brown will decide whether to sign AB 1269 this week. Thank you to everyone who wrote letters. Thank you for everyone who has volunteered to help during this challenging transition period.

Ellen has met twice with Rosa Paredes, Pres & CEO of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries (VM), & Mary Manzo, Housing Director. Ellen believes they would like to work with us to complete the transition in a positive way for all of us. The current status is:

1) They are using the Parker Rice 2015 rules as a basis for the new documents – making changes as needed.

2) A small group of homeowners and our lawyer will be able to review and provide input on the new documents before they are finalized.

3) J&H is being replaced by a consultant to advise them on regulatory/legal issues but VM will manage the park themselves with a VM employee here.

4) They are looking into new gym equipment.

5) Subletting: We gave VM the nonprofit attorney’s opinion that VM can permit subletting and they are awaiting their lawyer’s evaluation and response.

6) The San Vicente office email address still refers to J&H but goes only to office in the clubhouse. A new email address is coming.

7) Tenting this week, pool repair next week. Door added for greater security in office.

8) Goleta Water fire backup is to be done in December. Then focus will shift to repair/replace of parts of the water system. Serious leaks have been found and been addressed pending the larger repair next year.

9) The billing system problems are being addressed by their vendor. Electricity – They were surprised that the format changed and that change will be reversed. The vendor as provided last month’s details will provide them in the future. Last month’s details can be picked up in the office and will also be provided with November’s bill.

Timing – Bills will be issued earlier in the future.

Ellen encouraged us to stay united as we await the new documents (for homeowner committee review). Again, as our lawyer has advised, as existing residents we do not have to sign new documents and should not sign them until they have been carefully reviewed, if ever. Ellen encouraged everyone to be encouraging and understanding of the learning curve of the new office staff and owners. Our goal is a good and mutually beneficial relationship.

Some concerns were shared by homeowners and they were encouraged to email both the San Vicente office and Ellen Duke. [*Ed Note-For Ellen you may use the form I have added at the bottom of this Post]

Resident’s Suggestions Security cameras. 2 people need to be working in the office, too much for a staff of one. Emails and phone calls are not being responded to. Concern that maintenance staff is down to 4.

Ellen suggested a resident committee to look into cost and maintenance of security cameras and signs that will flash your speed as persons drive down Stagecoach and Gatehouse (the freeway) This sign should be able to be moved about the Park. Discussion by many of consequences such as escalating fines to speeders!

Board Elections 6 positions need to be filled. Max and Paul will not be running again so will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining it.

220 paid membership in our HOA This is great to show we stand together to get results that are beneficial to all residents. There are between 80-90

members in GSMOL.

Our new management should be referred to St. Vincent’s or Vincent Ministries.

Old Business Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s’ If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.

Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.

Garbage pick up questions. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.

Next HOA meeting will be November 9th, 2017 at 7:00

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM


*Ellen Duke Contact Form: