8/9/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

August 9, 2018

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe, Mark Allen

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the July 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy, seconded by Mark, approved.

Guests: 39 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3956.64

Income $135.00

Expenses $2.50

Bruce Stanton $375.00

Balance as of July 31, 2018 $3714.14

Legal Defense Money Market $20958.79

Interest $2.76

Money Market as of July 31, 2018 $20961.55

HOA is in the process of returning the DPG funds approx. $1400.00

Carolyn to research to deposit money market funds into a ten month CD at 2% interest.

Social Committee Report: Charlene Hovey: The End of Summer event is Sept. 22nd. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, beans, Drinks and Ice Cream. $7 for residents and $10 for guests. Make sure you get your checks in ASAP. This event will fill up fast and could be closed before the actual cut-off date.

Document Review Committee/GSMOL Report:

Ellen thanked the Document Review Committee for their work.  Committee members included:  Tony Armendariz, Patty Byrum, Rama Fox, Tony Jimenez, Dick Mires and Ellen Duke.  GSMOL provided access to the experience attorney and our HOA provided the funds.  Ellen repeated that the new park documents were significantly better than those received last year.  St. Vincent’s modified the majority of approximately 30 concerns.  Continuing concerns include 1) the definition of common area facilities not including the Gym or RV Park, 2) the subletting prohibition, 3) burdensome requirements for prior written approval, 4) a manager who has to refer many managerial decisions to others, 5) the park indicating that it does not consider itself responsible for providing a resident directory, and 6) liability language in the Rental Agreement (our attorney, Bruce Stanton, advises us that this language will not take effect if the Homeowner does not sign the Rental Agreement).

It is important that everyone read the documents when they are distributed.  The Committee may have missed something.

GSMOL Attorney Bruce Stanton advises existing residents of California mobile home parks that they are not required to sign new park documents and should not sign new documents unless it is beneficial to them.  In our case, he is advising us not to sign the documents.  However, we can sign or initial that we have received the documents.  Ellen is checking on whether new residents who had to sign the 2017 Rental Agreement in order to move into the park may be advised differently.

Volunteers are needed to help distribute a flyer door-to-door to all homeowners which will include our attorney’s recommendations.  Please email Ellen Duke (ebduke@yahoo.com) or message or call Ellen at 805-637-3327 if you can help. This is an important service to our whole community.

Rama Fox, Space #34, is chairing the Subletting Committee, which is preparing for a presentation to Management.  The option of subletting can make a big difference in a person’s life – and their family’s.  Please send letters regarding the importance of subletting and how its prohibition will affect you to Rama Fox as soon as possible:

Rama Fox, Space #26, or by email: rama@ramafox.com

Please join HOA and GSMOL!   The next GSMOL Meeting is Thursday, August 23rd, at 6 PM.  

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is working on ideas to help residents evacuate in case of emergency. Suggest using Cathedral Oaks gate to avoid congestion on Old Mill with Rancho and Apartment residents. The other gate at the end of Round Tree would also be open and an option, with limited clearance of 11’ and no pavement. An evacuation map will be included in next month’s Voice.

Business: Our new park directory has some issues. The time has passed for residents to submit corrections. Hopefully the 2019 directory will cross reference by name and space number, which seems to be where all the errors are.

The HOA sent an email to Mary Manzo on August 1st regarding the Arroyo, security of the “man” gates and the lack of fencing behind the RV storage area. A response was returned the next day. The bid for the work in the arroyo will most likely take place in September. Management is submitting a work order for the “man” gates. They are also requesting bids for higher fencing behind the RV area.

HOA membership is down from last year. We need to seek out and talk to neighbors who may have forgotten to pay their dues in 2018.

Inspections: Management has streamlined the inspection report to make it easier for the residents to understand. Many sheds are “grandfathered “in for now, but when property is sold management could make the owner fix any discrepancies before sale is complete.

Onsite manager issue. Does San Vicente have to provide an on-site manager? St. Vincent’s response was that their manager could respond, if needed. Our manager and Director of maintenance both live in the Ventura area and was impossible for both to respond during the Montecito US 101 closure in January.

We would like to have an update on the status of the gym equipment. Many residents are eagerly awaiting the news.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

The next HOA meeting will be on September 20, 2018 at 7:00 pm

This date is the third Thursday, instead of the second as usual.

Motion to adjourn by Don, seconded by all

Meeting adjourned at 8:07 PM

Advertisements

7/12/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
Monthly Meeting
July 12, 2018

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek, Carolyn Howe

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the June 14th meeting: motion to approve was made by Dick and seconded by George, approved.

Guests: 39 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3959.14

Income $0

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of May 31, 2018 $3956.64

Legal Defense Money Market $20956.29

Interest $2.50

Money Market as of May 31, 2018 $20958.79

HOA will return the DPG funds approx. $1400.00

Carolyn to research to deposit money market funds into a ten month CD at 2% interest.

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: The Sept. 21st BBQ is closed. There is a waiting list. Tri Tip by Stanley. August, no event. September is a mystery dinner by Stanley.

2018 Document Review Committee Update by Ellen Duke:

On June 29th, the committee submitted their recommendations and concerns to St. Vincent’s. There were about 30 items.

On July 16th, St. Vincent’s will meet with the committee to respond to the report.

St. Vincent’s has indicated that they will be issuing a new document package in early August.  St. Vincent’s will be holding a “Meet and Confer” meeting with residents after the new documents are issued, as they did last year.

A response is being prepared to St. Vincent’s announcement that they will not permit subletting even though it does not affect their nonprofit status. This contradicts what was promised at last year’s Meet and Confer meeting and will negatively impact residents. Residents are encouraged to contact Rama Fox or Ellen Duke regarding the importance of this issue or to share experience with subletting.

The GSMOL attorney continues to advise all residents that they are not required to sign any of the new documents and the attorney advises us not to sign any of the new documents. He reports that the last rental agreement that we signed is the one that is in effect, unless we sign a new rental agreement. New residents will have to sign the new rental agreement to move into the park. The new rules and regulations, architectural standards will go into effect from 2 months to 6 months after issued unless they are withdrawn.

GSMOL Update by Ellen Duke:

Thursday, July 26th is the next GSMOL meeting. Everyone is encouraged to attend. This will be after St. Vincent’s response to the committee’s report. There will be a discussion of the anticipated documents and options for response.

Information was received that indicated that not everything on the inspection sheets being distributed had to be done immediately. This is being researched further.

Ellen noted the importance of everyone joining HOA and GSMOL, or at least one of those organizations.

Water Aerobics

There was a spirited discussion about the conflict between the Thursday 10:30 – 11:30 Water Aerobics class and the posted Guest Hours of 10am – noon daily. After the meeting, Ellen Duke followed up with management (Isabel) and was told that in the future, swimmers will be allowed to swim in the pool while the class is going on. Ellen confirmed this with water aerobics class participants.

DPG Report: Bob Enderby is working on ideas to help residents evacuate in case of emergency. Suggest using Cathedral Oaks gate to avoid congestion on Old Mill with Rancho and Apartment residents. The other gate at the end of Round Tree would also be open and an option. Block Captains need to know which residents would need help evacuating.

Business: Our new park directory has some issues. Management said they noticed four errors. But a resident did a survey and has discovered more than 21 errors. The information that was gathered by residents going door to door was not utilized. Preferences of residents about phone numbers, names, etc. needs to be fixed.

To add to the problems that are occurring at the pool. During guest hours, some residents who are swimming laps are instructing the guests to stay out of the lap area. Guests that happen to be small children need to swim side to side and must cross the lap lane. Solution: Residents should swim when guests are not allowed.

Residents would like to have the GYM equipment back sooner than later. Also wondering why tennis courts are getting an update first. One resident has asked management four to five times about the equipment and has not received an answer. We would like a time line, not the standard answer, “we are looking into it”. Opinion is that, why the gym equipment was completely removed, where no one could use equipment, but money was invested in the tennis facility which was in need of repair, but still useable.

One trade off we used to enjoy, was the reciprocal agreement with Rancho, where we could use the golf course and they could use our tennis facility. Is this agreement still in effect?

The “peeping-tom” issue was handled poorly. The incident was reported to the office on June 5th and the only notification to residents appeared in the “Park Update” dated June 27th. Unacceptable.

Fencing between the apartments on Old Mill and the RV parking area is only two feet high. No security as anyone could enter our park anytime.

Rancho Santa Barbara is in the process of trenching and deepening the channel of Atascadero creek. With the forecasters now predicting an El Nino this winter, the question we have: is San Vicente going to deepen the channel thru our park this summer and fall before the rains come.

A resident voiced concerns about not having maps readily available for anyone, guests or vendors coming to our park for business. If there is no map, how can individuals know which way to proceed? Another suggestion was to replace the small signs throughout our park are faded and hard to read that point to which space numbers are where. Suggestion: Put the big map back up at the Old Mill entrance?

Property inspections: Forms are confusing. No prioritization on what needs to be done immediately or can wait. Many do not understand the last page.

Concerns about how slowly things are being done. Simple questions still take weeks to answer. Frustration

Charlene Hovey has contacted Shred-to-You to come to the park on August 8th at 11:00 for any document shredding that you wish to do. A typical “bankers box” around 25 pounds will cost $5.00. To be paid by the individual with their documents. Details will be in the Voice next month.

The email list of HOA members is being updated. Those who have not paid their dues for 2018 will be removed from the list.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be August 9th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn by Don, seconded by all

Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM

FYI

Rosa’s email address is: rparedes@sv-sb.org

Mary’s email address is: mmanzo@sv-sb.org

Isabel’s email address is: ivalenzuela@svmhp.org

 

 

6/14/2018 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

Monthly Meeting

June 14, 2018

svmha.com

Meeting called to order at 7:00

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Cheryl Mrachek

Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, George Misbeek, Cindy Enderby, Dick Mires, Don Webb, Ellen Duke

Board Members Absent: Mark Allen, Carolyn Howe, Tony Jimenez

The minutes from the April 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Cindy and seconded by George, approved.

Guests: 28 guests were in attendance.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance $3961.64

Income $0

Expenses $2.50

Balance as of May 31, 2018 $3959.14

Legal Defense Money Market $20953.62

Interest $2.67

Money Market as of May 31, 2018 $20956.29

 

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann: Pizza event on June 23rd. Cost is five dollars each. Happy hour at 5:00 Dinner at 6:00.

GSMOL: Monthly meeting on June 28 at 6:00.

Report from the document review committee by Ellen Duke:

1) The committee was provided the documents by St. Vincent’s and is actively working on the document review.

2) The format and readability of the documents is dramatically better than last year. 

3) The documents have been sent to the GSMOL Attorney for review, along with our questions.  

4) We don’t want to talk about specifics because the documents may change based on our review and comments.  There is no reason for more homeowners to be concerned yet about what may not even be included in the document or about what we may better understand before the documents are issued.  All homeowners will have time to review all the documents when they are issued. 

5) The committee agreed that the one exception to this, due to the significant impact it will have on some people, is to share that the new documents do not allow subletting other than the limited subletting for health reasons required to be permitted by the MRL.  (We understand that this is what has been told to new residents this year, anyway.) Sub lessees and sub lettors are given until August 2019 to comply.  

DPG Report: Bob Enderby has been meeting with block captains and updating paperwork.

Business: Discussion to return the DPG funds that were co-mingled with the HOA in September 2016. Motion was made by Bob and seconded by Cindy and approved by the board.

New Business:

A letter was read that was sent to management on June 5th with concerns about the pool/Jacuzzi area and its appearance. There was also an inquiry of purchasing new exercise equipment?

Questions put forth from homeowners to HOA:

Some residents have complained that their rent checks are being held up to ten days before being deposited.

A resident has had a “peeping-tom” in the middle of the night. She was awakened at around two in the morning with a big flashlight shining in her bedroom window. The question is, why were there no notices placed in the tubes alerting the residents. After hearing about this event, it was pointed out that the park is not secure. A resident pointed out that the area behind the RV parking area, the fence is only about two feet tall. (Too easy to access from the apartment parking lot).

The pedestrian gates do not close every time. Possible to install new springs, where gates close and lock every time?

The new resident directory has errors that were pointed out. (Please check your personal info).

There was a question about speeding thru our park. Should the HOA send letters to the offending companies again or should the letters come from management. If the letter is received from St Vincent’s maybe the offenders will pay attention.

Outside wall on Cathedral Oaks needs some attention. Some bags are tucked behind the bushes which appears to be belongings of homeless people.

Could the residents receive the official SCE notice when a planned outage is scheduled? It was said some pertinent info was left off of San Vicente memo.

Thank you to Management:

A big thank you to management for the New TV in the clubhouse.

Water pressure does not appear to be an issue during power outages. The emergency generator seems to be working fine.

Security has been seen in the park. Thank you for the extra patrols.

Management email addresses are available from the office.

Speeding still a problem……………..SLOW DOWN

Thank you for supporting your HOA

Next HOA meeting will be July 12th, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Motion to adjourn made by Bob, seconded by Dick

Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM

 

 

6/27 County DPG Presentation

Our DPG leader Bob Enderby has passed this invitation along:

SVMHP residents are invited to attend the DPG meeting next door at Rancho Santa Barbara on June 27th.

From: D J McLaren
Our RSB DPTeam Steering Committee would like to invite San Vicente Residents to our Disaster Preparedness Team’s (Wednesday) 27 June 2018 6pm presentation at RSB.

Topic: Emergency Evacuation Planning — and Q&A with Jan Koegle and Stacey Rosenberg, Emergency Services for the County of Santa Barbara.
We can set-up the RSB gate entry procedure as before.
This is just a heads-up re 27 June.

Dorothy RSB DPTeam

NEWS! and May 24th GSMOL Meeting Minutes

From Ellen Duke – President, GSMOL Chapter 131 (SVMHP):

Dear GSMOL Members;
Attached are the minutes from the May 24th, 2018, GSMOL Meeting. Please read and share them with your neighbors and encourage your neighbors to join GSMOL and the HOA. This is a very important thing you can do, especially at this time, because….
There is news! The 2018 Document Review Committee (both HOA and GSMOL members) has started reviewing the new documents provided by St. Vincent’s. This is not starting the review period that all homeowners will have when the documents are officially released.
We appreciate the opportunity to review these and bring suggestions and any concerns to St. Vincent’s attention and also have a better understanding of them in hopes of making the process much less stressful on homeowners than last year.
The GSMOL attorney is available to help us and our HOA has provided funds for that purpose.
We are not announcing the names of the Document Review Committee except that I am on the committee. We ask that the committee not be asked for information or updates. We would like to work collaboratively with St. Vincents during this process. Sharing concerns that may or may not be in the final document can be counterproductive. It also results in more homeowners being concerned and stressed when it might not even be necessary.
We’re working on it! After all, that’s why you’re paying us the big bucks, right? (yes, I’m kidding…)
We appreciate your support as we go through this very challenging process.
All the best,

Ellen Duke
President, GSMOL Chapter 1316San Vicente Mobile Home Park
Board Member, San Vicente Homeowners Association

5.24.18 Minutes Final GSMOL 1316

GSMOL Membership Forms

To contact Ellen Duke directly, you can use this Form:

No May HOA Meeting

From Bob Mann:

Subject: May HOA meeting
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 00:36:11 +0000 (UTC)
From: Robert Mann

We are cancelling the May HOA meeting.With nothing new to report, cancelling was the best option.

We will see everyone on June 14th.

DPG Pancake Breakfast

The April 2018 DPG Pancake Breakfast was a great success with food, fun and funding. The only photo I have is this – most of the volunteer crew that put it all together, so if you have more photos or information please share.

DPG Breakfast Volunteers
DPG Breakfast Volunteers

Thanks to all for a great time in service of our community.