Thanks for supporting your HOA.
San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
November 9, 2017
Meeting called to order at 7:00
Officer Present: Bob Mann
Board Members Present: Lilith Imbrogno, Don Webb, Ellen Duke, Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, George Misbeek
Board Members Absent: Max Lynn, Carolyn Howe, Cheryl Mrachek
It is with heavy hearts that we have lost our Vice-President and former Treasurer Paul Ortega. He will be greatly missed by all.
The minutes from the October 12th meeting: motion to approve was made by Tony, Ellen 2nd, and approved by all.
Guests: Twenty-six guests attended.
Checking Balance $4931.07
Balance as of October 31, 2017 $3658.86
Legal Defense Money Market $20935.29
Money Market as of Oct. 31, 2017 $20938.04
Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann December 9 will be our Christmas Dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls, honey butter and dessert. $10.00 Residents $12.00 Guests plus 2 canned goods/nonperishable to be collected and donated. Cut off is Dec.3. This event is quickly filled up so get your check in soon.
GSMOL Report from Ellen Duke:
GSMOL Chapter 1316 Report
San Vicente Mobile Home Park
The following update was provided by Rosa Paredes, President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Vincents/Vincent Ministries:
1. In regards to whether or not San Vicente Mobile Home Park will allow subleasing, we are not ready to discuss this topic at this time since we are still discussing and reviewing it internally with our advisors and attorneys.
2. We are also continuing to update the Rental Agreement and Rules & Regulations. We are anticipating that the draft will be available for the sub-committee’s review early next year. As you know, we do not want to rush this process and are diligently reviewing these documents to ensure they are in compliance with the law.
3. The updated Rental Agreement and Rules and Regulations will be distributed as they were last time in accordance with the Mobilehome Residency Law and a Meet and Confer will be scheduled after the sub-committee reviews the documents.
4. Assuming the meet and confer is scheduled in February/March 2018, means the new documents will be in effect approximately in August/September 2018 of next year.
5. Also, please remind the Residents that they can email or contact the onsite manager directly for any concerns or comments. She will communicate items as appropriate to Mary Manzo or myself.
6. We have interviews scheduled for the office clerk this week. Hoping to fill the position ASAP.
Note from Ellen Duke, GSMOL Chapter President, HOA Board Member: Due to last-minute scheduling problems, Rosa was not able to meet with me. We will reschedule before the next meeting. Meanwhile, you can send any questions or concerns about this update or issues not addressed by management to me at email@example.com.
It is great to see the improved maintenance on the clubhouse and repair of the pool deck. At the meeting, concerns were expressed about over-chlorination of the jacuzzi due to the need for a new part, and the effect of the reduction in maintenance staff and increased time needed for them to complete new paperwork. There were complaints about how the grounds are being maintained and the cut back in refuse service. Homeowners were advised to submit their specific concerns to management, and they can copy Ellen and/or advise her if concerned about the response.
Business: With the absence of the Disaster Preparedness Group, should the HOA try to continue this program? We have merged the funds from the DPG with the HOA. Steve Roth was in attendance and was thanked for his years of service to the DPG. Anyone that is interested please contact an HOA board member.
Resident’s Suggestions: Questions on what is taking so long to fix the pool deck. We passed on that management is also doing some work in the shower area, which might add some time to the finished product.
Residents voiced concerns that maintenance issues are being overlooked. Trees needing to be trimmed, bushes hiding stop signs, etc… General consensus is the maintenance crew is understaffed.
The Jacuzzi needs some repair. The chlorine level is so high that it hurts your eyes when you are in the water.
Garbage pickup question. Only 1 or 2 bags of clippings. 2 different residents were informed only 1 bag a week of yard clippings would be picked up?? Needs to be reviewed by St. Vincent’s.
Security cameras were brought up again. Will pass on to the management.
Board Elections: 6 positions need to be filled. Max will not be running and with the death of Paul we will need 2 new people to fill their positions. Please contact Board if interested in joining. Bob, Cheryl, Don and Ellen are again running for the board. Last day to sign up is November 10th.
Old Business: Gym equipment from Clubhouse is stored at St. Vincent’s. If you want your old equipment you can pick it up. Hopefully new equipment will be coming.
Speeding still a problem please ask all to slow down. Continuing complaints.
Thank you for supporting your HOA
Next HOA meeting will be December 14th, 2017 at 7:00
Motion to adjourn made by Don, Lilith 2nd
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM