11/10/2016 Board Minutes

San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes

November 10th, 2016

www.svmha.com

email: svmha.340oldmill@yahoo.com

Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Paul Ortega

Board Members Present: Mark Allen, Tony Jimenez, Ellen Duke, Lilith Imbrogno

Board Members Absent: Jack Jackson, Cheryl Mrachek, Don Webb

Guests: Mary Jo Christensen, Angela Stephens, Betty Ortega, Doris Jimenez, Mollie Mann, George and Joanne Meers, Tony and Brenda Spinella, Derek Handley.

Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The October 13th Board Association Minutes were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report: Paul Ortega reported that the checking account balance was $2,550.84, there were bank fees of $ 2.50, and the current balance is $ 2,548.34. In addition, legal defense fund balance is $ 20,903.99, plus DPG fund of $1,447.00, plus $2.00 interest, totaling $20,906.65. .

Social Committee Report: Mollie Mann reported that Christmas Dinner at $12 each is filling up fast. The Social Committee voted to up the price of the HOA Chili dinner to $10. There was concern this would impact attendance at the important HOA meeting. For this reason (since it is an official HOA meeting), the Board decided to contribute to the cost of the dinner up to $250, in order to keep the dinner cost at $5 each. Ellen made the motion: In order to keep the price of the Annual HOA Dinner down to $5, the HOA will provide the Social Committee up to $250. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.

There was concern expressed that the Social Committee checkbook balance, at close to $4,000, was unnecessarily high and should be brought down a bit in lieu of raising prices for resident dinners. Currently, the Social Committee is raising prices in order to break even. The Social Committee is concerned that the new management may not continue the current donation. It was indicated by current management that the new management has made this commitment, but this will be checked again. It is also noted that December is the Social committee’s heaviest month for expenditures. Including entertainment at the Christmas dinner and the Christmas luncheon and gifts for our fabulous maintenance crew.

Upcoming Events: January 12th HOA Annual Meeting Chili Dinner

No DPG or Online Committee reports.

GSMOL (Golden State Manufactured Home Owners League)

SCAMPER:

.

Old Business

Bylaws Revisions: The change and clarification of the Bylaws has been completed and approved by the membership and posted on the website.

Speeding: Speeding is still an issue. Fed Ex Ground has been seen going too fast several times, as has Meals on Wheels. Bob Mann’s letters last year seemed to have an effect, so he will send another one to Fed Ex Ground and Meals on Wheels.

Announcements/New Business/Guest Questions

INVITATION TO SERVE ON THE BOARD: Two board members are resigning so there are two openings on the board. Please contact Bob Mann if interested. This will be announced in The Voice.

Board Officers: The slate of officers will remain the same, except that Ellen Duke will replace Paul Ortega at Treasurer. Paul will remain on the board.

Under-Age Residents/Renters: There may be two units in our park with underage residents. One is a rental. There is concern that this might impact our senior park status. Bob will follow-up again. The board may write a letter of concern to management if no action is taken.

New Exercise Equipment: There is interest in getting newer exercise equipment. Liability issues were discussed. Bob will review this with current management.

Implications of Deferred Maintenance on Future Pass-Throughs to Homeowners:

The issue of deferred maintenance that might be reclassified as capital pass-throughs was brought up as a concern. The water system is aging and may require some replacement/repair. Concern was expressed that we do not have a good enough understanding of the pass-through regulations and should learn more to better represent the homeowners during the important transition. This discussion was tabled.

It was noted that the pool deck needs repair/maintenance.

The next Board meeting is Thursday, December 8th, 2016, at 7 P.M. in the Clubhouse.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.

Advertisements