Online Committee of SVMHOA Minutes – February 13, 2015
The committee met at 3:00 pm at the home of John and Anne Wiley. John and Anne Wiley, Tony Spinella, Patty Byrum and Ellen Duke attended. John led the committee in establishing an agenda:
- Features of the website
- OC rules and guidelines development (consider password area?)
- Posting of HOA bylaws, park rules and regulations, etc.
- Report recommended changes to HOA board, then implement
FEATURES: After reviewing the website features; theme, menus, pages, format, etc., it was suggested that
- The theme be changed so the Calendar has wider columns. (John looking into this.)
- The home page be focused on directing users to areas of interest. It was agreed to move the “latest posts” to their own page, and a new homepage menu was proposed:
Home Calendar Social Latest HOA DPG Help
Each of these will have drop-down menus which appear when the cursor is over the topic.
- The search feature is important and will appear in all sections. This enables users to look for posts on a particular category (examples of some possible categories: pets, minutes, classifieds, rules, recipes, stories, events, photos). Comments may be limited to one page.
- Committee members are considering dropdown menu topics and will circulate suggestions for 10 search categories to committee members for comment before next meeting.
- There is interest in being able to show summaries of the “latest” posts rather than the whole posts on the “Latest” page; John offered to check this out.
[update: Demo of “Summary” implemented here, using the More feature. Note that it only works on the Latest page, and not when reading the Minutes post directly (where the post is displayed in full and the link itself will not be visible). Also, it must be manually inserted at the point in each post where you’d like the summary to stop with a “Continue…” link. For example on the Latest page, to read the rest of these Minutes click Continue below and you will be taken to a position just below this text on the full post.]
OC RULES AND GUIDELINES: After a brief discussion of the need to ensure proper categorization of posts, this was tabled for next meeting while we tackle the website organization and means of making materials (documents, pictures, etc.) available. No changes for now.
POSTING OF BYLAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS, ETC:
- Ellen converted the. pdf of the two-page HOA Bylaws summary to a .doc file but noted it was very labor intensive. Tony will try it on his program/equipment. If we are not going to post these documents in .pdf form, obtaining them already in a .doc format would be very helpful. The advantage of .doc files are that they take up less space. Also, they are searchable – making it much faster to find specific topics within the document.
- The HOA Bylaws are in the process of revision so will be available after the revised Bylaws are approved and available.
- It would be very helpful, most accurate and save a lot of time if we could obtain the Park Rules and Regulations, Architectural Standards and Pet Rules from San Vicente Park management. Tony volunteered to request this…
REPORT TO BOARD: The committee discussed their appreciation for the enthusiasm expressed at the February 12th HOA Board meeting. We will meet again before the March board meeting.
NEXT MEETING: The next committee meeting will be on March 4th, 2015, at 11am, at the home of John and Anne Wiley.
The committee adjourned at 4:40 pm. Secretary: Ellen Duke