San Vicente Homeowners Board Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2014
Officers Present: Bob Mann, Ronnie Sumter, Jack Jackson, Cheryl Mrachek
Board Members Present: Tony Jimenez, Lilith Imbrogno, Pat Haden, Susanna Lavorin, Mark Allen
Board Members Absent: Paul Ortega
Guests: Tony Armendariz, Ellen Duke, Phyllis Barrow Cliff, George Meers, Gilbert Galindo, Mary Helen Nunez, Sid Slaff, Joanne Meers, Colin Stephens and Mollie Mann.
Bob Mann, president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The Board Association Minutes of May 8, 2014 were read and approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Jack Jackson reported as of the end of May, the checking account balance is $2,343.12. In addition; legal defense fund balance is $19,351.57. Jack also reported that paid membership is now at 171.
DPG Report: None
Social Committee Report: Ice Cream social on June 8 went well. Upcoming 4th of July BBQ is actually on the 5th of July. $5.00 for residents and $7.00 for guests. August 16th Ronnie reported that Trudy Allen will be doing an overall travel seminar at the clubhouse. Prior to the seminar there will be a free wine and cheese get together with residents of Rancho Santa Barbara also invited. Sign up will be at the clubhouse. Residents please remember to cancel your names from free events if you find you cannot attend. Call any Social Committee member or scratch out your name on the sign up list.
Actions taken by the Board since May 8th meeting:
Old Business discussions:
Board was asked to look into with the following results:
- Owners of rentals do receive all correspondence including the Rules and Regulations and it is up to them to pass on to their tenants.
- Possible Genset purchase which could power all clubhouse facilities? The Board had a positive discussion with Rob Rice about researching a possible grant for funding.
- Solar panels on street lights when power is out? Too difficult to do.
- Possibility of a Dumpster be made available for large items to be discarded Around mid to late September, after vacation time will be made available.
- Shredding? Too expensive to have here but Community West Bank offers free shredding at their location twice a year, after tax time and mid-October. When these dates get closer it is hoped there will be notice in the San Vicente voice.
- Could rules be added to SVMHA web site? Yes, it will be done but will wait until a final copy of the rules are printed.
- Speeding on Gatehouse and Stagecoach. Mr. Rice attempted to put up signs to slow down speeders. An apparently illegal petition was circulated to stop the signs and Mr. Rice cancelled the plan to put up Stop signs. Keep in mind those 7 signs would have been placed exactly where previous ones had been for years. They were taken down when the park was repaved and not put back. More ideas to slow speeders to follow.
- Trash pick up days will be changed but will be announced when it changes.
- June 21st 10:00-12:00 GSMOL meeting at Rancho Santa Barbara (17 parks have signed up to attend).
- MRL meeting on July 12th with the attorney to attend.
- There was several persons who wanted to ask about care givers and/or renters that appear to not belong here. The Board stressed that their concerns should be in writing with details and given to Stuart. Apparently there are persons using the exercise room, pool and living in various mobile homes that don’t appear to be meeting requirements for age and when questioned by residents are told “they are caregivers”
- Board was asked if a local could gather up paint cans, electronics and recycle once a month or every quarter for residents.
- The gas cans for generators need to be emptied and refilled.
- Requested that Mr. Rice have the new (in effect) rules be published ASAP and distributed. Some residents stated they have signed rules which have been replaced by the old 2006 rules. Some want clarification of renters who are taking up residence after the owner has passed on. 2006 rules state the OWNERS must live in home for a year before renting it out. This is not being followed.
- Reminder: Power outage on Monday. Turn off your computers ahead of time.
- Next Board meeting will be July 10, 2014 at 7 P.M. at the Clubhouse.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:02