As you may know, there were recently new rules proposed for SVMHP. Many residents were alarmed by some of the proposed changes, and at a 10am Clubhouse meeting today Rob Rice reviewed some of the questions he’s received. There will be additional meetings today, and interested residents are strongly encouraged to attend. I hope to post a summary from Rob, but in the meantime here are a few of my personal recollections from the meeting:
1. There is no intention to change the rent control or senior citizen status of SVMHP.
2. The change allowing 45 year old residents has been rescinded.
3. The change allowing 2 residents per bedroom plus one has been changed to a limit of three per home.
4. Residents will continue to be allowed to rent out their homes.
5. There will be an extended review period during which residents may share their ideas, preferences and concerns about proposed rule changes.
Overall, we were impressed with the friendly and reassuring tone of the meeting. Especially Rob’s explicit mention of wanting to involve residents, via the Homeowner’s Association, in dialog before implementing changes to the park rules.