These directions are for Board members and any members of the Online Committee the Board authorizes to post items. While tailored for posting Board items, these directions apply to other areas such as DPG and OC as well. We plan to continue refining this post so your comments are welcome, and we invite you to keep your own notes to share and/or post. We had already posted directions about Links (see Part B. below) here which you might also find helpful.
How to add a Board item to the SVMHA website:
A. Create A new Post
- Sign in to the svmha.wordpress.com web page.
- Click on New Post in the gray bar at top of page.
- In the small box at the top under Add New Post, type the title of your post.
- Copy and paste your document (from Word, etc.) into the main box.
- Format the document in the box, using the toolbar icons at the top.
- Click on the Publish button on the far right.
- Near top of screen, click on View Post.
- Highlight and copy the web address of the new Post, for use in Step B.7 below.
B. Create a Link to your new Post from the Board Page
- Click on the Board page tab of the SVMHA website.
- Click on the Edit Page tab or link so you can edit the Board Page.
- Find the section where you are going to post the document (like President’s page, or Secretary’s page).
*NOTE: Do not change the Title of the Page, just edit the Page contents in the box below the line of icons.
- Add a line with the title of the document (if adding to previous titles , put the cursor at the end of the last line and add a new line).
- Highlight the new title, and click the “B” icon to make it Bold text.
- Click on the Link icon (looks like a chain link) to make the highlighted text a link.
- In the window that appears, paste in the web address you copied in step A.8 above.
- Click on Insert.
- Click the Update button at the far right.
- Click on the View Page link or tab to check your work.