In addition to other news and reports, Tony will be giving a report about plans for repairing our roads at the Association Meeting this Thursday (July 15th). Hope you’ll come and join us for another fun and interesting meeting!
Free snacks and refreshments
These directions are for Board members and any members of the Online Committee the Board authorizes to post items. While tailored for posting Board items, these directions apply to other areas such as DPG and OC as well. We plan to continue refining this post so your comments are welcome, and we invite you to keep your own notes to share and/or post. We had already posted directions about Links (see Part B. below) here which you might also find helpful.
How to add a Board item to the SVMHA website:
A. Create A new Post
- Sign in to the svmha.wordpress.com web page.
- Click on New Post in the gray bar at top of page.
- In the small box at the top under Add New Post, type the title of your post.
- Copy and paste your document (from Word, etc.) into the main box.
- Format the document in the box, using the toolbar icons at the top.
- Click on the Publish button on the far right.
- Near top of screen, click on View Post.
- Highlight and copy the web address of the new Post, for use in Step B.7 below.
B. Create a Link to your new Post from the Board Page
- Click on the Board page tab of the SVMHA website.
- Click on the Edit Page tab or link so you can edit the Board Page.
- Find the section where you are going to post the document (like President’s page, or Secretary’s page).
*NOTE: Do not change the Title of the Page, just edit the Page contents in the box below the line of icons.
- Add a line with the title of the document (if adding to previous titles , put the cursor at the end of the last line and add a new line).
- Highlight the new title, and click the “B” icon to make it Bold text.
- Click on the Link icon (looks like a chain link) to make the highlighted text a link.
- In the window that appears, paste in the web address you copied in step A.8 above.
- Click on Insert.
- Click the Update button at the far right.
- Click on the View Page link or tab to check your work.
Thursday: Quarterly Homeowner’s Meeting: All-Member San Vicente Homeowners GENERAL MEETING JULY 15, 7pm
Next regularly scheduled movie night (first Tuesday of the month) is August 3rd.
………Previous post for July’s movie:
The Social Committee is showing “Up in the Air” Tuesday JULY 6th, 7:00 p.m. at the Clubhouse. Starring George Clooney, this 2009 movie was nominated for 6 Oscars.
The show is free and so is the popcorn, so bring your friends, or make new ones, while enjoying the movie with others.
Please help us to get the word out about the Thursday (7pm) July 15 SVMHA Association meeting. Board members have offered to distribute printed reminders, and it will help if residents also spread the word before that so interested friends and neighbors can make plans to attend. We’ll post more information about the planned agenda, so for now please mark your calendar and pass the word.
According to a fellow mobile home owner at Rancho SB we hear this:
AB 761 Dies in Senate Judiciary Committee
The Senate Judiciary Committee vote on AB271 which threatened rent control, failed passage 1-3 on a party-line vote with Senators Corbett, Leno and Hancock supporting homeowners by voting no on the bill.
Although the bill was granted “reconsideration” that is merely a formality; the rules of the Senate require the bill to be out of committee by this Friday. Since there are no more hearings of the committee before Friday, the bill can not actually be “reconsidered” prior to the deadline. As a result the bill is dead.
Our friend at Rancho SB extends Thanks to everyone for their hard work and dedication and to Senators Leno, Hancock and Corbett for their support.